UVI World Suite - small update, 26 Gig Download!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MikeCallon wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 pm Maybe a patch would open up the doorway to the ufs format for someone to work out what's inside the 'black box' and end up with their software protection being defeated. I don't blame them one bit if that's the case. I agree it's a pain having to re-download the entire ufs to fix a tuning correction in one patch, but it is what it is and I suspect no amount of rants on here will change this.

Just my 2c :wink:
I suspect you may be correct, but that doesn’t change anything for me. Just like I refuse to play the CodeMeter game and have anything further to do with Vengeance and Avenger, so too I refuse to give UVI any more of my money under the current situation. There are too many strong alternatives to UVI out there to tolerate UVI’s update policies. Maybe I’m getting crabby and impatient after several years of this, but I’m done with paying money to developers for the “pleasure” of jumping through unduly excessive copy protection hoops as a legitimate customer.

(And yes, I recognize that everyone’s definition of “unduly excessive” will differ, which is obviously fine - everyone should vote their own conscience with their own wallet.)

--

Return to “Instruments”