Cinematic Big Beat

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The announcement of the new movie really inspired me to compose a piece in the production style of early 2000s action-thriller movies like National Treasure and Tomb Raider.

https://youtu.be/QHc_mKeHkPY

Let me know what you guys think!

Its OK. Reminds me a little of Mission Impossible. Low end is not beefy enough though.

Yup to the above on all counts. A sub would have picked it up nicely.

The main theme is nice, but not constant, and never resolved. Still well put together.

It does sound something like the Mission Impossible theme or a James Bond movie of that era.

A good effort!

thejonsolo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:57 amThe main theme is nice, but not constant, and never resolved. Still well put together.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. The theme resolves back to the tonic in the 8th bar of the phrase. If you meant that the chord behind it is a static vamp, then it was intended to be so.

I'm also not sure what you mean by the description of "constant"? Why would the theme be constant?

Where's the bass? Other than that, don't have a problem with the theme. It works for me. Arrangement could be fuller though.

I like the flow of it and the general melodic lines but as others have said needs more bass.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”