(Potentially open source) synth Vital: Coming out soon

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3411 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

mtytel wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 pm
Yeah so nothing new then. Yawn. Lets see if this will be good. Helm was awful so i doubt it.
To answer your concerns, I rewrote all the DSP for Vital so it won't sound anything like Helm.
There are going to be more posts about Vital and I'd appreciate if you kept your dislike for Helm to Helm related threads.

If you have any specific questions about the sound in Vital (maybe about things you *really* hated in Helm), let me know and I can share a sound demo.
Now i feel ashamed. :scared: To be fair i dont hate Helm, it just didnt do it for me, soundwise, but featurewise its a good synth. I could of course have said that earlier, so i do apologize. Anyway i will keep my eyes on Vital for shure. :)
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
mtytel
KVRist
85 posts since 28 Jan, 2013 from Oakland

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm
mtytel wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 pm
Yeah so nothing new then. Yawn. Lets see if this will be good. Helm was awful so i doubt it.
To answer your concerns, I rewrote all the DSP for Vital so it won't sound anything like Helm.
There are going to be more posts about Vital and I'd appreciate if you kept your dislike for Helm to Helm related threads.

If you have any specific questions about the sound in Vital (maybe about things you *really* hated in Helm), let me know and I can share a sound demo.
Now i feel ashamed. :scared: To be fair i dont hate Helm, it just didnt do it for me, soundwise, but featurewise its a good synth. I could of course have said that earlier, so i do apologize. Anyway i will keep my eyes on Vital for shure. :)
No hard feelings. I agree there are sound quality issues in Helm, that's why I made Vital :tu:

User avatar
mtytel
KVRist
85 posts since 28 Jan, 2013 from Oakland

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 pm

mcnelson wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:21 am
Hey! I like Helm, and I'm stoked about Vital!
Thanks :D
I can't wait to release!

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3411 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:03 pm

mtytel wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:53 pm
Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm
mtytel wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 pm
Yeah so nothing new then. Yawn. Lets see if this will be good. Helm was awful so i doubt it.
To answer your concerns, I rewrote all the DSP for Vital so it won't sound anything like Helm.
There are going to be more posts about Vital and I'd appreciate if you kept your dislike for Helm to Helm related threads.

If you have any specific questions about the sound in Vital (maybe about things you *really* hated in Helm), let me know and I can share a sound demo.
Now i feel ashamed. :scared: To be fair i dont hate Helm, it just didnt do it for me, soundwise, but featurewise its a good synth. I could of course have said that earlier, so i do apologize. Anyway i will keep my eyes on Vital for shure. :)
No hard feelings. I agree there are sound quality issues in Helm, that's why I made Vital :tu:
:tu:
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9285 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:14 am

So, when can we expect something to try on?
Fernando (FMR)

functionform
KVRist
477 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:32 am

Really uncool trolling. Helm is fantastic. Really excited for this one too. Thanks Matt!

User avatar
Xbucket
KVRist
39 posts since 17 Sep, 2019

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:24 pm

This looks awesome! Cant wait to try. Something like serum on steroid. :-)

benedettodue
KVRer
18 posts since 27 Apr, 2004 from Andria (BT) - Italy

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:47 am

mtytel wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 pm
Yeah so nothing new then. Yawn. Lets see if this will be good. Helm was awful so i doubt it.
To answer your concerns, I rewrote all the DSP for Vital so it won't sound anything like Helm.
There are going to be more posts about Vital and I'd appreciate if you kept your dislike for Helm to Helm related threads.

If you have any specific questions about the sound in Vital (maybe about things you *really* hated in Helm), let me know and I can share a sound demo.
Your software is fantastic!! :D :) :love: Excellent idea to create a wavetables editor, like a video editing software (Premiere :) ) with keyframes !! I hope to find in this editor, with the same method of the keyframes, the possibility of creating wavetables in additive synthesis, drawing the profiles of the envelopes of each harmonic (16? -32? -64?). It is currently a very useful technique, and used by a few software including Arturia CMI V and the freeware QasarBeach CMI IIz

raiderpdog
KVRian
567 posts since 26 Jul, 2018

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:14 am

I will definitely be looking forward to trying this, thanks!

rogiervg
KVRer
3 posts since 15 Jul, 2014

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:42 am

mtytel wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:53 pm
No hard feelings. I agree there are sound quality issues in Helm, that's why I made Vital :tu:
Time to fix it? :hihi: :wink: (besides doing the Vital synth)

surreal
KVRian
1444 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 am

Looking forward!!

GrimReaperFloof
KVRer
1 posts since 22 Mar, 2020

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am

Is Vital really going to be free and open source? I really hope it will be, as afaik there are no proper FOSS alternatives to Serum, or FOSS wavetable synths at all. Sadly, the music production industry is dominated by expensive proprietary software. I hope this can change. If Vital will be a viable FOSS alternative to Serum, that would already be a pretty good step towards more FOSS within the music production industry.

User avatar
Saffran
KVRist
388 posts since 20 Oct, 2018

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:40 pm

No Vital signs since 25 januari.
Corona victim?


(Was that joke over the line? Hope not.)

pinbot
KVRist
183 posts since 31 Dec, 2005

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:07 pm

Think there might be a release date soon, possibly.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3411 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Open source synth Vital: Coming out soon

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Saffran wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:40 pm
No Vital signs since 25 januari.
Corona victim?


(Was that joke over the line? Hope not.)
No, it was not funny. :dog:
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

Return to “Instruments”