Future of Synthesizers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 am 30 years ago home computing didn't exist.
30 years ago was 1990. I built my first PC in that year, a 10Mhz Turbo XT with 640K of RAM. I was working at a "direct mail marketing" (junk mail) business that had 3 employees and 4 PCs. I'd owned a Commodore 64 since 1983 and used IBM PCjr, Apple IIs and TRS-80s in school (the latter two were released in 1977).

But aside from that bit of nitpicking, I agree there's no way to predict what we'll have in 2050. Maybe the few survivors will be living in caves, or maybe we'll all have our own horde of personal AIs sharing our brains and each of us will act as a sort of hive mind. Maybe Behringer will go out of business. Who knows?

some new synths will hover.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 am 30 years ago home computing didn't exist.
:?:
I already had several years of Kings Quest, Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry up my sleeve by 1990.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I think yo should forget bout tha future and look at tha present. Shit, it's not tha tools that need improvin'

Kinh wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:36 pm I think yo should forget bout tha future and look at tha present. Shit, it's not tha tools that need improvin'
No, it's the grammar and spelling.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Kinh wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:36 pm I think yo should forget bout tha future and look at tha present. Shit, it's not tha tools that need improvin'
:D :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

love this thread :lol: :tu:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 pm
:lol:

e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:25 pm What is innovated at those institutes will hardly make it into the mainstream.
You never heard about St.Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and Björk? Or the GRM tools, spat and I don’t know what?

I don’t think there will be radical changes in the sound generating technologies; actual technology gives us already any kind of natural and not so natural way of generating sounds: FM/PM, physical modelling, multitimbrality in the "natural" domain; granular, wavetable, subtractive, additive in the "artificial" and some exotic stuff such as mechanical synthesis.
The real challenge imo will be much more performance oriented: how can I expressively control these sound generators in a meaningful way? Right now it seems 3 dimensional keyboards are the answer such as linnstrumet, roli and touché.

cars will have built in synths to play with while the car drives itself and "the frickin lazer cannons" auto target zombie robot mutants.

i for one welcome and kneel before our behringer cloned overlords :hail:

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 pm i for one welcome and kneel before our behringer cloned overlords :hail:
But we might have a chance to defeat them if we attack before their first firmware upgrade...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:09 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 pm i for one welcome and kneel before our behringer cloned overlords :hail:
But we might have a chance to defeat them if we attack before their first firmware upgrade...
maybe if we can travel through time and stop uli finding synths. lead him to acoustic instruments instead?

if i can get my oscillator to 88khz maybe my modular will get me back to the year 19 8 5...

Feed it some plutonium and I think you’re on to a winner

Return to “Instruments”