VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Tony here.

I’m looking for various VST instruments with very specific characteristics:
- played very softly
- close miked
- with a lot of small details which could be missed when you play harder.

I think one of the good examples could be Lekko by Felt Instruments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOzKVzeHYPU

Any instrument is welcomed here: guitars, flutes, strings, but also stuff like rainstick etc.

I’m happy to see any recommendations and guides from you.

Thanks guys!

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

There are some rather nice sampled instruments in SFZ format today, often free. There are even soundfont instruments that are good, but there are so many older, tiny, soundfonts that it's harder to find them. SFZ is super easy to tweak because it's just a metadata text file in the folder with the samples.

Eirikur wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 pm There are some rather nice sampled instruments in SFZ format today, often free. There are even soundfont instruments that are good, but there are so many older, tiny, soundfonts that it's harder to find them. SFZ is super easy to tweak because it's just a metadata text file in the folder with the samples.
that doesnt really come close to even vaguely answering the OP's question, though, does it?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Some of the Spitfire LABS’ instrument steer in that direction

mschenkel wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:48 pm Some of the Spitfire LABS’ instrument steer in that direction
No they don't.not even close(no pun intended)there's far too much room in the Spitfire libraries even in the samples which they call the close miked samples (the issue being that the room they record in is huge so the early reflections will never have that intimate sound of a small studio for instance) its why they tend to only work in scores which rely on the illusion of large rooms or need to correlate with real recorded instruments that were recorded in similarly huge environments.they sound too distant in a mix when you use them in anything other than that context to me

Hmm,i can think of a few tuned and atonal percussion libraries that fit this criteria,but not many others.i think Sonic Couture have a few that might fit that preference namely "The Attic"and there is bound to be some indie Kontakt developer on Kontakt Hub that has done libraries in this vein

https://www.kontakthub.com/category/Guitars
I

Return to “Instruments”