venomode phrasebox vs squareheads nora

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

title is pretty self explanatory.

i currently own squareheads nora, i see the new phrasebox and to me it looks interesting, but *very* similar to nora. now, i understand that phrasebox is new, and that nora has been (pretty much) abandoned...but really...nora still functions perfectly fine.

so i was just wondering if anyone out there has/uses both and could give a run down on the differences. is it even worth it to look into phrasebox if i already have nora? does phrasebox offer anything significant that nora does not (or vice versa)?

ive recently got a new computer and im trying to not go crazy with the plugins like i did last time.

thnx in advance.
ImageImageImage

Good question.
The sale ends on 2-29-20 so hopefully someone will chime in before that.

Some discussion here:
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... phrasebox/

i couldn't really get much out of Nora, i figured it was just a step sequencer.

Phrasebox is a real-time midi resequencer i'd say. Like ChordPotion.
Doesn't appear to come with many presets, but it's pretty easy to use.
If it were $10 cheaper i would have bought it. Even the $45 promo price is a bit high in my opinion.
It's great to see tools like this becoming more prominent though.

I was also curious about this one. I love Nora and always felt it got closer than anything else to the “triggered sequences” in Opcode Vision which I used to make heavy use of. Granted, it does still function, but I’m concerned by the lack of updates, and I don’t like being attached to something which will likely be incompatible with some future updates. I guess I’d better take a hard look at Phrasebox before the sale ends.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

ChordPotion is worth a look at too.
Though it's not 'GUI' based perhaps, it's very useful and good for writers block.
I'm interested in any other suggestions if anyone has one?

Return to “Effects”