January contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

while working on my piece, i was reminded just how shite the 80s where :)

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 pm while working on my piece, i was reminded just how shite the 80s where :)
I recall in this self-same contest 17 years ago I summarised the shiteness in one minute...

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/03_ ... ighair.mp3

Still, at least we had capital letters back then.

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:25 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 pm while working on my piece, i was reminded just how shite the 80s where :)
I recall in this self-same contest 17 years ago I summarised the shiteness in one minute...
yes indeed, but it was the decade i was run over and temporarily dead for a bit, so it was doubly shite, therefore needing 2 mins or so to express the shiteness.

if no one else joins in,ill definitely be top 10 :o

Hellfog wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:46 pm voting is up

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=538847
Except you don't vote for your own track. So there are only 9 tracks to vote on for each person.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:21 pm
Hellfog wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:46 pm voting is up

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=538847
Except you don't vote for your own track. So there are only 9 tracks to vote on for each person.
Yes, but if you are not in the contest it is 10 tracks.

It is so rude to the last ones, when we have to order all the songs: So I say that my votes are a description of my tastes rather than an evaluation of quality.

harvon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:45 pm It is so rude to the last ones, when we have to order all the songs: So I say that my votes are a description of my tastes rather than an evaluation of quality.
have no fear :)
i dont feel insulted, i know what i do isnt go to be for everyone. if i was worried about getting hurt i wouldnt join in, its just a bit of fun :tu:

I'd say voting is always a balancing act between judging adherence to theme, originality, composition, execution, production etc. and your taste.
On some occasions I've voted stuff I didn't like* №1, because it was just good.

[edit]
*) and/or people I didn't like

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am OK, I'm in it for sure this time. My piece is transitional, (70's 80's) extremely loosely inspired by the Flash Gordon soundtrack, specifically Vultan's Attack of the Hawk Men. Brian Blessed rules. Wish me luck!
FYI, I know I didn't finish this in time for the comp, but I've continued to work on the piece because it's been super fun. I will be showing it off soon...

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 pm
gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am OK, I'm in it for sure this time. My piece is transitional, (70's 80's) extremely loosely inspired by the Flash Gordon soundtrack, specifically Vultan's Attack of the Hawk Men. Brian Blessed rules. Wish me luck!
FYI, I know I didn't finish this in time for the comp, but I've continued to work on the piece because it's been super fun. I will be showing it off soon...
And Here it is...
https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... from-above

Return to “Music Cafe”