Frank Arnold - 24 Hours After Midnight (Finished)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

24 Tracks in Cubase... and with this track I made the decision to use the internal Cubase 10.5 EQ (I like this layering feature with other tracks to show overlapping frequencies)

Ok, I've used this synth
  • Synclavier (Arturia)
  • SEM (Arturia)
  • CS80 (Arturia)
  • Absynth
  • Spire
  • Sylenth
  • Serum (Bass)
  • Repro 5
  • Dune
  • Alicia Keys
  • Predator
  • Geist
and Echoboy, Echoboy Jr, UltraReverb, Cubase Multitap Delay, Blackhole, Cubase Autopan, Valhalla Plate/VintageVerb, OneKnob Pumper, ReplikaXT.. Slate plugins, bx_digital, Sonalksis SV 315, RCompressor, VC2A,...

Still a little short but a beginning ;)
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/24-hour ... n-progress
Last edited by 4damind on Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mix sounds great. Can't wait to hear it finished. Or is this it?

No, it's not finished yet, more a (maybe) good start ;)

Very nice , love the warmth of the track.
Loved 0:42, reminded me of Michael Jacksons thriller progression a little bit.
I like the bass, but I'd calm down some of its mid-frequencies. But thats just my personal taste.
Would love to hear the final version.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:55 am Very nice , love the warmth of the track.
Loved 0:42, reminded me of Michael Jacksons thriller progression a little bit.
I like the bass, but I'd calm down some of its mid-frequencies. But thats just my personal taste.
Would love to hear the final version.
Yes, you could be right. I've cutted a bit the 2th harmonic of the bass but maybe its better to add some harmonics instead of cutting them. I have also not used a bass enhancer (yet)...

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:34 pm Mix sounds great. Can't wait to hear it finished. Or is this it?
... and here the finished version ;)
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/24-hour ... at/s-f1waS

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions for improvement!
Yeah, loudness is always one of those things where it's hard to strike a good balance. But I think there are a few things I can improve and leave even more dynamic.

Hmm... the idea of splitting the song I already had. But after listening to it several times I didn't think it was so wrong and so I left it as it was. But that doesn't have to mean that I'll take up the idea again.
For an instrumental it can work quite well to do the theme for the bridge differently. But of course it should sound like one song and not like several songs :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”