2nd tier keyboard stands

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’ve been thinking about getting a 2nd tier keyboard stand so I can get back some space on my desk that is currently taken up by a Native Instruments A-49.

Currently I have a 61 key workstation on a solid Z stand, so wondering if I can mount the A-49 above it.

Anyone have any suggestions on a 2nd tier stand that will fit on a square tubular Z stand? The top tier probably won’t get played vigorously, so not concerned about that, but the lower level maybe more so, so I want to find something solid to support the smaller keyboard.

Check the website for the company who makes the stand, they may have second their extension arms, in the parts section. Most of the universal second tiers I've seen are for stands with round tubes.

Looks like this one will work with z-stands.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/PL ... 8166497.gc

is it to hang your cape on?

justin3am wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:10 am Check the website for the company who makes the stand, they may have second their extension arms, in the parts section. Most of the universal second tiers I've seen are for stands with round tubes.

Looks like this one will work with z-stands.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/PL ... 8166497.gc
Thanks Justin, I’ll check this one out.

I checked a few that will fit, but worried about seeing poor reviews. Some of them are often described as being flimsy or not well constructed, so not sure whether to get any I’ve looked at so far.

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:16 am is it to hang your cape on?
No, I employ a roadie to hold my cape.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:33 pmI checked a few that will fit, but worried about seeing poor reviews. Some of them are often described as being flimsy or not well constructed, so not sure whether to get any I’ve looked at so far.
That would be my concern too. The stand I use at work has a built-in second tier, that is very sturdy, where something you add on, may not be able to support a lot of weight. But then again, if the keyboard you plan to put up there is less than 20lbs, it may not matter.

It’s probably about 10lbs, but would like it to be as secure as possible. Maybe you’re right though - I should probably just try to be well within the limit for any 2nd tier stand.

That's the style of Z stand that I have, so that's the kind of 2nd tier I was looking at. That one is ridiculously priced on Amazon though.

I'll probably get something like that though.

For us in europe, this one maybe
https://www.thomann.de/gb/hercules_stands_ks410b.htm

But I currently have two X-type stands, one called children stand or something a bit smaller.
These two work fine putting one inside the other. But I use for two 37 key synths. These X-stands are a bit flimsy for full size width.

I just need the 2nd tier though, so while that’s the kind I’m looking for, I don’t need the lower stand.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:56 am
That's the style of Z stand that I have, so that's the kind of 2nd tier I was looking at. That one is ridiculously priced on Amazon though.

I'll probably get something like that though.
Oh, wow. I just checked the price from the only seller and that is indeed way too much! I got mine for $39.99. I would def. wait it out to see if amazon offers it through prime again.

And what percentage of the keyboard setup are these stands?
1%, 5% or what?
To get max joyful experience I have no problem investing 10% on stands.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”