How to load sysex banks to my access virus B

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I understand now. You call your "Indigo-Virus" "Virus B"?
And have you updated your OS of your Virus? Via SysEx? And it worked?

If not:

The file I append, was generated by sending bank A from the Virus to MIDI-OX and then saved the data as a file. After that I clicked in the SysEx window "File" -> "Send SysEx File..." and chose that file.

Granted, MIDI-OX sent the file way too fast back to the Virus but it still worked. But if you want, you can change the timing in the SysEx window in the "SysEx" menu with "Configure...". There set "Delay after F7" to 150ms. That is about the speed, the Virus sends SysEx dumps.

If you can not send this file to your Virus, I really don't know what else to do. There are forums exclusively for the Virus. Maybe they can help you further...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, I was able to perfectly update the operating system with Midiox
the problem is in loading the banks or the patches, that gives me error "Checksum Error"
Maybe, the guilty could be my Midisport 2x2 , which I use :?

Now ,I will try with that file that you leave me, thanks :tu:

I have asked in other forums, but the answer or has been null or the same as always ....CUBASE

Anyway, thank you very much for the help and for answering :wink:
If I can do it, I will comment on it to help everyone

Hi I am dealing with almost identical issues here. Recently picked up a Virus B, I was able connect it with my MIDIsport through Ableton, but having trouble installing presets. I've been using MIDIox but to no avail yet.

I tried using a convertor to create sysex files from the Virus midi installers but I'm just getting checksum errors.

Seems to be an extra step to convert these if the Virus loads with MIDI...can't get it to work though Ableton though...what should my next step be?

Thanks for any advice.

• Use proper tools for the job. Do not use an ordinary DAW host or otherwise.
  • If the preset data contains a checksum, you need to ensure the checksum matches the data.
  • Some devices require delays between messages which they use to set up buffers or switch modes.
  • Since these issues are so device-specific, you're better off looking at advice from dedicated documentation or other users of the same identical device+versions.
re: checksums
A checksum is some basic wrapped sum or rarely a hash of the complete block of data used to verify no errors have occurred. Due to this fact a checksum error can be triggered by either data that does not contain a valid matching checksum, or transmission errors.

An example of a 16-bit naive checksum is like so:

Code: Select all

std::uint16_t sum = 0;
for (i = 0; i < data length; i++) {
sum += data[i];
}
So this is just actually summing all the bytes of the data into a 16-bit unsigned word. If any bit in the data changes the sum might need to change too. So if the presets you have didn't have their checksum re-computed from the data after being created or modified (maybe other versions aren't so strict about it?) you'll have presets that aren't valid and need to be re-validated.

Note also that sending presets for other versions to an old version will trigger such an error 100% of the time, since the new or different presets may not contain a checksum or even be the same size.

It's also possible for buggy unreliable hardware designs to exist and cause such a problem. Modern OSes like Windows10 use MIDI "mixers", which could change the UART bit-stream. Some hosts or tools or OSes may not even be able to produce a "solid" bit-stream as the hardware device expects. If the hardware is designed to assume each MIDI word must be exactly the next SYSEX word, perfect bit-for-bit, using modern systems that cause MIDI words/messages to get shifted or modified would make communicating with these devices impossible.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

To test the communications (MIDI) functionality, do a sysex dump from the hardware device and save it using a tool like MIDI-Ox. Send the same data back and verify there is no "checksum error".

Read the manual for your device. Ensure any "memory protect" switches are set correctly. Ensure SYSEX is enabled. Ensure other MIDI/preset/bank options are configured correctly.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

I'm on a mac, so I use an app called SysEx Librarian. It's free, so do a search for it and download it. For it do the transfer, you just need to have Midi RX set to Enable. (I have an Indigo as well, and just recently did the exact same thing.)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”