Liquid DnB - Something in my mind (remade)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I liked the DnB version better. But this is cool too.

And what was wrong with DnB break? One man didn't like the beat and now this is completely boring "EDM". How does this beat fit the track?

Edit: Got some helpful mixing tips i'll be back!
Last edited by Zeekuh on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will be focusing on Liquid dnb from now on
Will return when i've overlooked mixing a bit got some helpful tips

https://soundcloud.com/zeekuh/dnb-zeeku ... -mind-v2_1
Remade it from scratch, any feedback appreciated.
Made complete rework of the vocals, hope it turned out better
Last edited by Zeekuh on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This isn't the same track anymore indeed, except for the problems. The kick doesn't have that DnB punch, i guess there is no sidechain either. Drums overall should be punchier. Not so much room for the instruments, because the main lead takes all the space. And again, that vocal just doesn't sit right and too loud
Now it sounds better, but there is still some work to do

Never heard the EDM version the one guy preferred but this is really nice. Vocal sits perfectly over a DnB beat f'sure.

One part I am not so keen on is the 10 second bit that gets repeated later - vocal pus a bit weedy-sounding filtered beat and music, not very strong or impactful for me, but the rest is great.

Jopmanajop wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:32 pm This isn't the same track anymore indeed, except for the problems. The kick doesn't have that DnB punch, i guess there is no sidechain either. Drums overall should be punchier. Not so much room for the instruments, because the main lead takes all the space. And again, that vocal just doesn't sit right and too loud
Now it sounds better, but there is still some work to do
Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate that you take time to listen to my songs and give helpful advise.
- Kick and snare adjusted.
- Adjusted the sidechain
- Adjusted vocals eq and volume.
- Sliced and corrected vocals that was a little bit out of sync.
billybong wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:40 pm Never heard the EDM version the one guy preferred but this is really nice. Vocal sits perfectly over a DnB beat f'sure.

One part I am not so keen on is the 10 second bit that gets repeated later - vocal pus a bit weedy-sounding filtered beat and music, not very strong or impactful for me, but the rest is great.
Thanks for the input! The first version was very speeded it wasnt untill someone pointed it out that i noticed it sounded wrong so made a quick edm version which i didnt really like so back i am.
- Adjusted outro a bit to not be so repetitive to intro.

https://soundcloud.com/zeekuh/liquid-dn ... in-my-mind
Last edited by Zeekuh on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yea, proper Hospital vibe, nice stuff.

You're welcome :wink:
Yes, something similar to Hospital and Liquicity. BTW, you can capture spectum curve from one of those tracks and apply it to your track, this may help you, but can't save you from mixing mistakes, just search for some "matching eq" videos
Oh, i just noticed, that atmo sound in the beginning is out of key, just -1 semitone adjustment and everything is perfect. You can also boost snare's fundamental frequency a little for more impact
For a master equalization can recommend high shelf boost from around 1k, the track really lacks some clarity
We can bother you with some fixes endlessly, so maybe you take some time, listen to the reference DnB tracks and then go for your next track from a new perspective? New mistakes, new experience, it is easier to develop yourself in the constant creative process

Jopmanajop wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:09 pm You're welcome :wink:
Yes, something similar to Hospital and Liquicity. BTW, you can capture spectum curve from one of those tracks and apply it to your track, this may help you, but can't save you from mixing mistakes, just search for some "matching eq" videos
Oh, i just noticed, that atmo sound in the beginning is out of key, just -1 semitone adjustment and everything is perfect. You can also boost snare's fundamental frequency a little for more impact
For a master equalization can recommend high shelf boost from around 1k, the track really lacks some clarity
We can bother you with some fixes endlessly, so maybe you take some time, listen to the reference DnB tracks and then go for your next track from a new perspective? New mistakes, new experience, it is easier to develop yourself in the constant creative process
Will check out the spectrum curve for sure, a little bit handier all around :D
- Adjusted the semitone at the start
- Replaced snare and kick with the fl studio stock kick/snare for dnb template, it's alot more punchier.

Indeed, the kick is better now
But atmo doesn't sound like it was adjusted, still out of key. Check for yourself, try to put it in the middle of the track for a moment, where everything else is playing, and just listen. I wasn't sure about what i'm hearing, so i did exactly this and yes, out of tune

Jopmanajop wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:53 pm Indeed, the kick is better now
But atmo doesn't sound like it was adjusted, still out of key. Check for yourself, try to put it in the middle of the track for a moment, where everything else is playing, and just listen. I wasn't sure about what i'm hearing, so i did exactly this and yes, out of tune
Think i got it now, forgot to change to stretch, tone deaf as i am i completly missed it

Sounds better, but the break from 45secs on seems a little loud to me.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:57 pm Sounds better, but the break from 45secs on seems a little loud to me.
Cheers for input!
- Lowered drop breaks volume a slight bit.

Return to “Music Cafe”