Jon Solo- 2020 RPM Challenge (Completed)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bloody hell. thats some good stuff.
8)

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:48 am bloody hell. thats some good stuff.
8)
If Jon was making albums in the 70s I would have bought all of them. I don't say that about a lot of people here.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:05 am
vurt wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:48 am bloody hell. thats some good stuff.
8)
If Jon was making albums in the 70s I would have bought all of them. I don't say that about a lot of people here.
i probably wouldnt have.
unless they came with free crayons and a colouring book :P
74 baby!!!

Thanks guys. That's really encouraging! Let's hope I got more, ha ha ha.

So Vurt, it may come as no surprise that some of my influence also stems from the likes of Jellyfish, the Grays (Jason Faulkner), and the like. That would probably be more your time, heh.

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:15 am Thanks guys. That's really encouraging! Let's hope I got more, ha ha ha.
you got time! and you certainly got the skills :)

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:15 am Thanks guys. That's really encouraging! Let's hope I got more, ha ha ha.

So Vurt, it may come as no surprise that some of my influence also stems from the likes of Jellyfish, the Grays (Jason Faulkner), and the like. That would probably be more your time, heh.
Love Jellyfish too. Especially Spilt Milk.

I really liked Not About You, thanks for posting it.

So when do we get track 3? Can't wait!

whooooooo - an amazing talent ! I did like better the first song (you have a classic there) but the 2nd was also great.

looking forward to the next track !

thejonsolo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:31 pm Here is my second track for the RPM Challenge 2020. Something a little slower this time. This is crazy hard to do, ha ha.

Title- Wouldn't You Know, here it is (the edited for el-bo version):

https://soundcloud.com/jonsolo/wouldnt-you-know

Wouldn't You Know

Here we are at the end of the world as you know it
Nothing has changed, its all insane
At one time we lived to groom and grow it
Everything’s changed its gone away

For all time and space and life is all over
Wouldn’t you know we could live

Everyday you taste and breathe you feel it
Cherish that time, Both yours and mine

Everyday that you love grab a hand and seal it
Let your love grow into life

For our time our space our life is all over
Wouldn’t you know we could love

Try and find the peace in your mind
And when you do just press rewind
For one day, for always

Here we are at the start of our world do you feel me
Everything’s changed, its not the same
A lot more raw, and real. But much better to listen to.

By the way! Didn't catch it so much the first time, but that cute little middle-8 section is really great. And the chord turnaround that underpins "Everything's changed, it's not the same" might be the perfect distillation of McCartney. I know a lot of people don't like to be told that their work is reminiscent of others', but given other comments you've posted you seem to have no issues with it :tu:

I really enjoy your tracks Jon, they sound very good! Maybe could've been more clippy though.
:borg: FIGHT THE LEAGUE! :borg:

"Clipping is the new punch." ~Tom

ClippyPunchiness wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:17 pm I really enjoy your tracks Jon, they sound very good! Maybe could've been more clippy though.
Heh...thanks! Haven't heard any of your music. Will have to share some with us soon!

Speaking of clippy...I did hear some weird distortion at the end of my latest track... I will check that at the end of this challenge.

Writing my 3rd song now, and hope to have something tomorrow for you folks!

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 pm Heh...thanks! Haven't heard any of your music. Will have to share some with us soon!

Speaking of clippy...I did hear some weird distortion at the end of my latest track... I will check that at the end of this challenge.

Writing my 3rd song now, and hope to have something tomorrow for you folks!

Hehehe yeah thanks for encouraging me :D

Don't worry about clippy clippity. If it's clippy then it's punchy. Punchy is good hihihihi :hihi:

waiting for next songs! :)
:borg: FIGHT THE LEAGUE! :borg:

"Clipping is the new punch." ~Tom

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:37 pm A lot more raw, and real. But much better to listen to.

By the way! Didn't catch it so much the first time, but that cute little middle-8 section is really great. And the chord turnaround that underpins "Everything's changed, it's not the same" might be the perfect distillation of McCartney. I know a lot of people don't like to be told that their work is reminiscent of others', but given other comments you've posted you seem to have no issues with it :tu:
It is a compliment to be compared to any artist of caliber. And there are many of them! It is funny because I grew up with mostly funk in my life. And I still throw a lot of funk down. But this current style of music that I am focusing on for the challenge is ear candy to me.

Thanks for the kind words!

Well I was really hoping to get the next track up tonight. Just a few snags...but it is close...and the good news is that the 4th and 5th songs are written. It is mostly about getting them down.

But what a great time! Hopefully have something by tomorrow afternoon.

Return to “Music Cafe”