Switch 1 triggers Switch 2 When Holding Adjacent Notes

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone ran into this before? If I hold down two adjacent notes on the same rows as Switch 1 and Switch 2, then pressing Switch 1 causes Switch 2 to trigger instead. In the video I show the issue and how it works normally otherwise as well as my global settings.

Currently I have Switch 1 set to CC 65 and Switch 2 set to CC 66. However, if I set both to 65 then the problem is slightly different: instead of triggering Switch 2, both keys light up momentarily and immediately disengage. In other words, neither key is toggled to their on state.

I’m using Switch 1 to enable/disable instrument layers in MainStage 3 right now and when this occurs the layer doesn’t get enabled.

https://youtu.be/QHz4rfGE8tA
Last edited by pabaker85 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi pabaker,

I’m sorry about that. It’s a software bug that’s on our list to fix in the next update.

Hey Roger,

Oh okay! Well, that’s great that it’s already on your list. Thanks as always for your quick assistance.

Hi Roger - this issue seems to still be an issue on 2.30. Are you still planning to fix this?

Yes but no one else has ever noticed it and given that it’s a very unusual combination of buttons to press, it hasn’t been high on my priorities. In general, people don’t press Switch 1 or 2 while playing but rather use a foot switch. Do you find yourself frequently pressing Switch 1 or 2 while playing?

It seems once in almost 2 years…
(Sorry, couldn’t resist…; - )

Return to “Roger Linn Design”