Telharmonium... sort of

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And now for something almost completely different:

This is the first of three pieces celebrating past experiments with future music technologies. (The other two are still just stored in my head as vague concepts.)

Here, the GG Audio Blue3 stands in for the sadly and completely lost Telharmonium - with hum, noise and crosstalk turned up a bit...! Some other archaic pre-war instruments also get a look-in, in the form of Soniccouture versions of Ondes Martenot and Novachord.

https://soundcloud.com/user1333790/04-telharmonium
Last edited by pethu on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

This is a pleasant and friendly tune. Kept me interested all the way through. What was the quiet bit just at the very end? Sounded like a few notes of a song bleeding through the “other side” of a tape (if this were playing from an old cassette).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:55 pm This is a pleasant and friendly tune. Kept me interested all the way through. What was the quiet bit just at the very end? Sounded like a few notes of a song bleeding through the “other side” of a tape (if this were playing from an old cassette).
Hi, thanks for listening! :)

I guess the structure of the piece is the "Telharmonium machine" starting up, running for a while and then winding down and stopping -- so by the end only the bottommost layers of what was there all along still make a sound: Notably, some "farty" base notes from a well-worn string machine and Novachord... Oh, and the hum and noise from the Blue3 organ, which can be adjusted from "pristine" to "absolutely f-ing destroyed"!
pethu.se/music-releases

This tune makes me smile as it reminds me of old computer games music. Like how you experiment, I am getting constant surprises when listening. Cool.

~id Sub

Enjoyable music and a nice celebration of the old machines...
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thank you very much! Stay tuned for part 2... Which will be much more of a challenge, since it will be a celebration of things not that much in line with my own natural preferences, as it were... 😁
pethu.se/music-releases

Return to “Music Cafe”