Easy vst synths

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian
785 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Galaxy far away

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:46 pm

I've tried most of vst synths (in our galaxy) and if easy workflow and time spend to achieve nice sound was measure i would order few synths as most easiest to play and generate great sound this way:
1.Synth1
2.v-station
3.Sylenth1

These three r 90's trance machines and don't compare to modern one page synths like Synthmaster One or Hive2,but simplicity and really nice sound they produce makes them very usable more than decade in countless mixes.
Please share your opinion and favorite synths,so other people to see different perspective.
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3842 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Great easy vst synths

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:55 pm

I think this is a totaly useless topic, thats my opinion.

Why? alot of BS in what you said based on your own and few others in the community opinions.

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks for your opinion :):):)

claudedefaren
KVRist
113 posts since 10 Mar, 2013

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:05 pm

Wtf, why are so many people on KVR so mean?

OP, I haven't used Synth1 or V-Station but I feel that Spire is easier and quicker to program than Sylenth.

chk071
KVRAF
22722 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Easy vst synths

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:08 pm

What I never liked about Sylenth1, and probably never will is the way the filter cutoff controls are implemented. Can't get my head around the global cutoff parameter at all. It just doesn't make sense to me.

miloszz
KVRist
37 posts since 5 Jul, 2019

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 pm

Vintagey synths (Repro-1/Synapse The Legend/TAL Bassline/U-NO-LX) for me, Zebralette outside the vintage sphere

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 pm

Sylenth1 and Spire are different generations,trance spirit drive both,Spire is more powerful and contemporary in term of modulations,but miss something that Sylenth1 have,rediscover 90s-2t's and the hardware character of three above makes them perfect to me for classic trance,dance,edm whatever :) Just mention few i use almost every day,but for sure there is more,that's why ask,to see what other guys use as everyday synth :)Thanks :)

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3842 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 pm

I am confused, is this a topic about you Velltone Music or sharing opinions about easy synths? :D because now it seems from your last post that this is a thread "what in velltone music opinion is a synth with easy workflow". Those so called "modern" synths like Synthmaster already existed in a form of Access Virus (VA + wavetable), Waldorf Micro Q ect. And they came before the mentioned soft synths.

...this is why ,again, i think these kind of topics are BS, lack of understanding, own point of view, do you research first buddy or post this on facebook and twitter for the casuals :)

Btw im not mean, but really, give a bit of critical thought about posted :)

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3760 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:32 am

The only really easy synth is Fullbuckets MPS...
If standard subtractive is too complex, learn it with Syntorial...
If any sound design is too alien, just any synth which can recall presets and has a lot, is what you deserve...
And if the number of presets is overwhelming, get a GM rompler...

grandmasterbird
KVRist
262 posts since 7 Jan, 2007

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 am

V-station is one which is a pretty good balance between simplicity and features.

Personally I find the more complex an instrument is the less I tend to use it!

Uhe Diva is fairly straightforward and sounds good

empphryio
KVRist
49 posts since 14 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:33 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 pm
...this is why ,again, i think these kind of topics are BS, lack of understanding, own point of view, do you research first buddy or post this on facebook and twitter for the casuals :)

Do you just not understand how to socialize? The above is very rude.

empphryio
KVRist
49 posts since 14 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 am

Although for me personally synth1 is easy and Hive 2 (and Bazille) is very difficult I guess it's just a matter of time spent. Hopefully anyway. Not planning on using synth1 anymore.

grandmasterbird
KVRist
262 posts since 7 Jan, 2007

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:40 am

Hive 2 is a good shout. All on one page etc

Edit whoops didn't read your post properly. I've not actually demo'd but supposedly meant to be quite intuitive?

chk071
KVRAF
22722 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 am

Hive 2 is a good synth in terms of operation. One of the rather easy synths, and it was made with that in mind, I think.

I'd second Spire as well. It's also very straight forward IMO. Although it features some non standard stuff, and the GUI is a bit all over the place in some parts, because the devs implemented stuff, which surely wasn't planned. I think Spire 2 will be much better in that regard. Whenever it will be released.

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:45 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 pm
I am confused, is this a topic about you Velltone Music or sharing opinions about easy synths? :D because now it seems from your last post that this is a thread "what in velltone music opinion is a synth with easy workflow". Those so called "modern" synths like Synthmaster already existed in a form of Access Virus (VA + wavetable), Waldorf Micro Q ect. And they came before the mentioned soft synths.

Till recently i reactеed emotionally to such rudeness,but now is funny - let say you go to a hotel and girl on reception ask you how was your day,what will be your respond 'It's not your fkn business...no i'm not rude,i'm objective' ... whatever...Cheers :)

Return to “Instruments”