MPE and less than 16 channels

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsterne wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:38 pm Not sure what you mean by the second point. You mean the record arm button turns off when you are playing with the other split?
Thanks. Yes, that's what I'm asking. It's more like when I edit the other track in Bitwig than playing splits though.
IS that because you have it set to record enable a track when you select it? This is the default behavior so when you select a track the other one will disarm. There's a setting to change this.

Ah ha! Thank you. I’m a longtime Live user but Bitwig is new for me.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:38 pm I don't understand how Bitwig Tech support doesn't know that you can do something fairly straight forward. Bit scary.
A lot of support departments knowledge is probably based on the questions they get asked frequently, and I would presume that they have hardly ever been asked that question.

Yeah. I wrote back to say "hey, if anyone else asks this question, here's the answer for your database," thinking I was being helpful. The person, who is not signing their name, gave a defensive reply. It's definitely a weird support experience but not totally out of character for German bureaucracy (I've spent a good deal of time there the past few years) -- though I've had great experiences with email support from other German companies like, well, Ableton.

jsterne wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:28 pm AND -- it seems that Bitwig turns off "record" in one of the channels when I'm messing with the other (like adding pressure as a controller). Or maybe I'm inadvertently doing something, but it keeps happening. Is there a workaround?
You can turn off "Auto-arm" in Settings > Recording to solve this. By default, Bitwig will auto-arm the selected instrument track. If you turn this off, you can manually control which track(s) are armed.

Deleted. Sorry. Fixed the problem.

Heads up to anyone else stuck on this. Bitwig 8-track (included with the linnstrument purchase) does not have the Channel Filter plugin available. As of today that is only available with the full Bitwig Studio.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”