vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
hcv242
KVRian
674 posts since 8 Feb, 2005

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:17 pm

hello. im searching for vst instruments with dedicated midi keyb controllers like arturia keylab \ Analog Lab. can anyone help ?

codec_spurt
KVRAF
4095 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:23 pm

You mean like this?
http://www.virus.info/virusti/totalintegration


Take your pick from a nice little selection, dig deep into your wallet and be patient -
http://www.synth-project.de/controller_overview.html


One day, I'd like one of these -
http://www.synth-project.de/imposcar_controller.html

User avatar
Armadillosound
KVRian
796 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 am

codec_spurt wrote:You mean like this?
http://www.virus.info/virusti/totalintegration


Take your pick from a nice little selection, dig deep into your wallet and be patient -
http://www.synth-project.de/controller_overview.html


One day, I'd like one of these -
http://www.synth-project.de/imposcar_controller.html
Some of those look nice. Very damaging to the wallet though :hihi:

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31208 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 am

Armadillosound wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:You mean like this?
http://www.virus.info/virusti/totalintegration


Take your pick from a nice little selection, dig deep into your wallet and be patient -
http://www.synth-project.de/controller_overview.html


One day, I'd like one of these -
http://www.synth-project.de/imposcar_controller.html
Some of those look nice. Very damaging to the wallet though :hihi:
Also I would not want to be the person who spends 6 months putting one of those together to find version 2 of the plugin has come out with some new knobs and functions! This is why I prefer adaptable hardware interfaces like Kore 2.

hcv242
KVRian
674 posts since 8 Feb, 2005

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:27 pm

kore 2 was nice but it was missing a keyboard ( and some more knobs \ faders )

User avatar
valerian_777
Banned
1182 posts since 24 Jun, 2014 from Giza Plateau

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:37 pm

The Synth-Project Controllers are not for sale you only see the part prices for info.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

codec_spurt
KVRAF
4095 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:51 pm

valerian_777 wrote:The Synth-Project Controllers are not for sale you only see the part prices for info.

Yeah, right!

They all say that.

In the end they _all_ crack.

Every man has is price...


10,000 Euros for the Imposcar Controller my good man, take your time, but it _shall_ be delivered by next year's end.


Wonder how many Hans and Giorgio and Van and Rick and the rest of them have got. Wonder how much they paid. No wonder they aren't for sale to the likes of us.

Back to the Korg NanoKey for me

Image

User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
3054 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:29 pm

dedication to flying

hcv242
KVRian
674 posts since 8 Feb, 2005

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Did this post six years ago and just found it again on a google search.
In the mean time i got the following gear which are dedicated control sufaces or are hardware synths with vst integration:
Elektron Analog 4
Access Virus ti2
Arturia spark
Novation X-station
Roland system-1m

Im considering to get kore2 and the korg ms-20 controller.

I’ve heard about sonic academy usr-1, but the project seems to be dead.

I also have a mackie mcu controller.

Are there any other dedicated midi controllers ( new or old ) I should check ?

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
7871 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:59 pm

There was an imposcar 2 controller fo rsale some time ago. Not sure if they still sell them, maybe you could find one used. It's this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gejxnPZMXaM

Then there's these for a little cheaper:
http://sound-force.nl/?page_id=2318

Thing is, for the price of these, you could get an actual behringer analog synth for not much more.

I just getting yourself a couple of novation SL zero's. I use an SL61 mkI and a zero mkII. Nothing better has come along since.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

hcv242
KVRian
674 posts since 8 Feb, 2005

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:32 pm

“Thing is, for the price of these, you could get an actual behringer analog synth for not much more.“

I want to make music inside the box. That is why i have an analog 4 and virus ti2, so that i can load them as VSTIs

Thank you for the tips.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
7871 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: vst instruments with dedicated midi controllers

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:31 am

hcv242 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:32 pm
“Thing is, for the price of these, you could get an actual behringer analog synth for not much more.“

I want to make music inside the box. That is why i have an analog 4 and virus ti2, so that i can load them as VSTIs

Thank you for the tips.
I am the same. I don't have any analog synths. But it would feel weird to buy a dedicated controller (for example for a VST pro-one) for near the price of something similar that actually has an analog synth inside it. Actually in the case of the imposcar controller, Many full synths would be cheaper. Novation SL Zero you can probably find for 50 to 100 bucks.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Return to “Instruments”