Opinions on Trash 2

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1757 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 am

adl wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 pm
Trash 2 currently on sale for 10$!
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/438
A ridiculously low price for a great plugin. It's well worth the money.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
10079 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:48 am

That’s probably one of the best bargains I’ve seen in a long time. I wonder if it’s an indication that Trash 3 is in the pipeline...? :hyper:

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5863 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:49 am

Forgotten wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:48 am
That’s probably one of the best bargains I’ve seen in a long time. I wonder if it’s an indication that Trash 3 is in the pipeline...? :hyper:
Or it’s being discontinued.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5863 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:52 am

When I upgraded to Trash 2, I hadn’t realized it was not compatible with Trash presets. Kind of odd, IMO.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Spring Goose
KVRist
335 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:31 am

I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.

Local Man
KVRian
723 posts since 31 May, 2017

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:10 pm

I never took a second glance at this because I figured, I am pretty well covered with distortions and creative multi effects.
I try to make a habit of not buying what I don't need.
But of course at $9 (less with a little Plugin Boutique virtual currency lying around) plus the bonus of a couple of AAS packs, I figured OK, why not?

And, wow! This thing is really cool!
Even with probably 5 to 10 other plugins that I have that I figured covered the same exact territory as this, this thing is really useful and sounds great.
I haven't even got past the presets yet, but the presets alone are great.
Really glad I bit on this one.
Thanks Izotope. Thanks Plugin Boutique.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
10079 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:31 am
I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.
You really start to see how great it is if you get past the presets and roll your own - it’s incredibly versatile.

Spring Goose
KVRist
335 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 pm
Spring Goose wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:31 am
I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.
You really start to see how great it is if you get past the presets and roll your own - it’s incredibly versatile.
Thanks, I hadn't gotten that far yet.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
10079 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 pm
Forgotten wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 pm
Spring Goose wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:31 am
I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.
You really start to see how great it is if you get past the presets and roll your own - it’s incredibly versatile.
Thanks, I hadn't gotten that far yet.
Definitely worth spending some time on, and sometimes I do some tweaking to presets that are close to what I want, but not quite there.

Spring Goose
KVRist
335 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Definitely worth spending some time on, and sometimes I do some tweaking to presets that are close to what I want, but not quite there.
I'll give it a try!

User avatar
digitalboytn
KVRAF
1723 posts since 8 Dec, 2008 from Global Cowboy

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Trash is a load of rubbish....

But it's also my favourite distortion plugin...

Great on everything :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....

User avatar
trackbout
KVRist
78 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Trash 2 is so great, even being old as sht it's top 3 distortion plugin IMO, even against recently released stuff. I really wish they would update it though, DSP has come pretty far in THE LAST DECADE 😂. Come on Izotope! Where is Trash 3?!

Meffy
Skunk Mod
21321 posts since 10 Jun, 2004 from Pony Pasture

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 pm

trackbout wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm
Where is Trash 3?!
On a developer's computer in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I hope.

I got Trash 2 for pocket change too. Reviews were positive so I sprang for it. Like other posters I assumed it was either being retired or they were building up the user base in preparation for a new version. You know which I'm wishing for.

User avatar
trackbout
KVRist
78 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:54 pm

Meffy wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 pm
trackbout wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm
Where is Trash 3?!
On a developer's computer in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I hope.
Amen to that. I think they must know that Trash 2 has a pretty big fan base, would be stupid for them to give up on it.
Last edited by trackbout on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8183 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Re: Opinions on Trash 2

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:59 pm

I impulsively purchased the PB bundle along with a non-impulsive purchase of RX7 Standard.

I remember when these plugins (Trash2, Iris2, StutterEDit, Breaktweaker, etc) cost quite a bit.

Return to “Effects”