Progressive house, trance, electronic, and techno (not EDM)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"3 Free Your MInd": Nice texture on the intro. Cool laid back groove that drops at :30. I dig the lead part (of sorts) that drops at 1:30. The old school string stabs work well. This is well-arranged. The wah-wah part got kind of repetitive, personally would like to hear it drop out at some point. Your snare is getting buried I notice. I know it's subtle, but I'd like to hear it cut through -- you might try bussing your synths together and side-chaining to the snare. Overall nice effort, very listenable.

Death Row Archie wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 am "3 Free Your MInd": Nice texture on the intro. Cool laid back groove that drops at :30. I dig the lead part (of sorts) that drops at 1:30. The old school string stabs work well. This is well-arranged. The wah-wah part got kind of repetitive, personally would like to hear it drop out at some point. Your snare is getting buried I notice. I know it's subtle, but I'd like to hear it cut through -- you might try bussing your synths together and side-chaining to the snare. Overall nice effort, very listenable.
Thankyou very much. I haven't got the hang of sidechaining (yet).

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:36 pm Thankyou very much. I haven't got the hang of sidechaining (yet).
Pretty simple: If you want the snare to cut through (i.e. duck) the synths, send your synth outputs to a common bus and put a compressor on that bus. Then add a send to your snare track and set it to the side-chain input on the compressor. Adjust the compressor settings (mainly ratio, attack and release) until you get the desired balance.

Death Row Archie wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:12 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:36 pm Thankyou very much. I haven't got the hang of sidechaining (yet).
Pretty simple: If you want the snare to cut through (i.e. duck) the synths, send your synth outputs to a common bus and put a compressor on that bus. Then add a send to your snare track and set it to the side-chain input on the compressor. Adjust the compressor settings (mainly ratio, attack and release) until you get the desired balance.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Death Row Archie wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 am "3 Free Your MInd": Nice texture on the intro. Cool laid back groove that drops at :30. I dig the lead part (of sorts) that drops at 1:30. The old school string stabs work well. This is well-arranged. The wah-wah part got kind of repetitive, personally would like to hear it drop out at some point. Your snare is getting buried I notice. I know it's subtle, but I'd like to hear it cut through -- you might try bussing your synths together and side-chaining to the snare. Overall nice effort, very listenable.
I haven't reworked the song regarding the wah-wah part, but i have given the song a fresh mixdown including sidechaining for the snares and some of the other parts.

I don't know why but i couldn't get the sidechaining going in Reason. I've switched to Bitwig and setting up a sidechain is very easy.

Also i've edited and done new mixdowns for the other 3 tracks.

Return to “Music Cafe”