Korg Wavestation VST $24.99 !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:08 am
izonin wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 am
Ed A. wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 am I just got the $24.99 Wavestation plugin.
Excellent deal, but I remember that my old Wavestation EX seemed to have a “warmer” sound, maybe it was the EX’s D/A converters. :shrug:
Yeah, I had the chance to compare the M1 vst with the hardware. The hw Korg M1 has a deeper sound. Probably due to the converters, but not only. I felt the filters on the old synth sounded more complex/better.
I wonder if D16's Decimort 2 would help?
I really doubt it. It could add the artifacts, but not the depth and complexity. It would be like trying to add Neve 1073 mojo with a plug-in. Doesn't work.

EnGee wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:05 am
mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:15 pm
layzer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:22 am
mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:25 am For those of you who have the Wavestation VST;
What folder/Where are the patches/presets stored in Windows?

I've looked and can't find where to place a new bank.... :(

Mike
I just store the wram banks in a folder i called BANKS in the same folder with the DLL file :idea:
Thanks, but where are the current 18 banks stored?
If you create a new patch, where does Korg put them?
I have them here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\KORG\KORG Legacy\Presets
Buy I don't remember if I created the folder or Korg! Possibly Korg because I have the banks you can download from their website and they are in a different folder. Try this and see, so either this or it is internal bank within the dll maybe!

Anyway, I tried to load "all Rams" and I have two banks, one is called "init" and the other just "Wavestation", when I loaded "init" it loaded only Ram 1,2, and 3 and init all presets, then I loaded the default bank which made Ram 1,2 and 3 returned to default presets. So, I think only those first banks can be modified?
Yep That's were I found em. A added the free 'wavestation devine bank' that you can dowload from you korg account.

The more i listen & play with it, the more a love this VST Thanks Korg....

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:47 am
EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:49 am I don't think there will be any update for the GUI for the legacy synths, otherwise they wouldn't sell them that cheap!
+1
Maybe a paid upgrade? :|

they already took money for that paid upgrade during account migration and updating to legacy+ARP bundle

I think they (Korg) even themselves don't know what to do with this legacy software!

Anyway, the more they delay updates, the less people interested in buying. There are already great software out there, and they are just keep coming. Personally, I rare use the legacy these days including ARP odessey.

I started out with a WS-EX keyboard in 1992, bought this plugin version a few years ago, but I can't use it any more as have just upgraded from 22" HD monitor to 55" 4k TV. It was difficult before, but now just impossible. I really do hope they update the GUI at some stage, I love the synth. Sounds way better than my old WS-EXs (I had two at different times) through the Crookwood converters.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:50 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:47 am
EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:49 am I don't think there will be any update for the GUI for the legacy synths, otherwise they wouldn't sell them that cheap!
+1
Maybe a paid upgrade? :|
I hope so!

The hardware was over $2000 and very popular at that price.

If those buyers could look into the future........$24.99 (ouch)

TheSynthScientist wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:23 pm The hardware was over $2000 and very popular at that price.

When i was a young-in in the early 60's, we'd go to a local music piano & organ store.
They sold Vox equipment. A Vox Continental organ went for $999.00 !!
That would be about $8300.00 dollars today..... :dog:

TheSynthScientist wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:23 pm The hardware was over $2000 and very popular at that price.

:hihi: Very true.

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:32 pm

:hihi: Very true.
That's true, but the sampled version is only $49 bucks (or so). :hihi:
Also its easier to move....

Return to “Instruments”