legacy e-mu cards that support PatchMix DSP

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in one of the Emulator X3 threads I have become inspired to use it once again....but I'm on W10 now and was wondering if I should roll the dice on a 10+ year old AI at this point. My rig does have a PCIe x16 slot...

I might be interested in sourcing old components though to build a suitable rig for an e-mu card...

Anybody know what the cheapest card that supports PatchMix is?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Yup.. the e-mu 0404 https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/emu-0404-pci comes with patchmix.

I think they also did a PCIe version.. other wise the e-mu 1212m in PCIe.

Incidentally.. the SoS review indicates that the 0404 is not compatible with the original emulator X but I am 95% certain I had the emulator on my secondry PC with the 0404 (main pc had the 1212m). So you might want to do some research on that BUT see below*

I just recently added a 1820m audiodock bought from ebay... in my 2/3 months of searching did not find any second hand PCIe versions of emu cards.

*Also, iirc, the E-mu changed the requirements for emulator X3... up until that version one NEEDED an e-mu sound card.. I'm pretty sure they now sold X3 with out the card requirement.

toonertik wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 am
*Also, iirc, the E-mu changed the requirements for emulator X3... up until that version one NEEDED an e-mu sound card.. I'm pretty sure they now sold X3 with out the card requirement.
Yes, X3 runs fine without an e-mu card. But any patches that are loaded that weren't created with the patchmix fx will not be able to use them without an e-mu card

Emulator X3 is the only thing you will be able to use on a modern system. It does not need an E-MU card anyway. Anything earlier used used a stupid and horrible form of copy protection that you will not get working on anything newer than Windows XP.

Also I would say that E-MU 0404 is not worth seeking out if you do not already have it somewhere. The drivers are pain to get working on Windows 10. 1212 and 1616 on the other hand would be worth it - great systems.
No signature here!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”