Chainer replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bitman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:13 pm ...the explorer windows presented to me showed nothing in c:\Program Files except for VSTPlugins. On my PC, that's not where they are. They are in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VSTPlugins.
http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... llext.html

Reefius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 pm NI Komplete Kontrol maybe? It is free with Komplete Start.
Wow, apologies, I seemed to have missed some of these replies.

Cubase, and no I didn't, I was trailing it and felt like a deal-breaker to have crashes even at demo stage. :(

Funny cause my needs are quite simple, a plugin chainer to store instrument plugins and be able to manage their presets.
This isn't what you think.

bitman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:13 pm
Saukar30 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:21 pm Wusik P2000 as well.
Why is this concept (a stand alone VST/VSTi rack so overthought. It's a simple concept.
+1

I couldn't agree more.

skank wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 pmI don't need complex modular routing, just rack like loading and management of VSTs and VST fx to work in my daw.
If your DAW happens to be Reaper then FX chains might do the trick.

OP - have you tried IL minihost modular?

I saw someone suggested it earlier. From my quick skimming of the thread, i couldn't see anywhere you acknowledged it. It's free, easy to use, and I'm pretty sure it does what you're asking (save presets).

I gave this a go. The setup screen showed (choices?) for various things like VST paths. Try as I might due to what seemed like heavy handed filtering, the explorer windows presented to me showed nothing in c:\Program Files except for VSTPlugins. On my PC, that's not where they are. They are in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VSTPlugins.
Strange, it should work out of the box, several users are using it here. Did you read the manual? You can get support directly from me if you really want to use it. :-)

Cheers, WilliamK

NAD wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:14 pm
If your DAW happens to be Reaper then FX chains might do the trick.
A couple of posts above yours the OP mentioned using Cubase. If he had Reaper, Blue Cat's PatchWork wouldn't have crashed his DAW; which he mentioned on page one of this thread.

Personally, I use PatchWork in standalone mode, which blows away Xlutop Chainer (in my opinion). I have used it in Reaper as well; but as you have mentioned the FX chain in Reaper does the trick.

WilliamK wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:30 pm
I gave this a go. The setup screen showed (choices?) for various things like VST paths. Try as I might due to what seemed like heavy handed filtering, the explorer windows presented to me showed nothing in c:\Program Files except for VSTPlugins. On my PC, that's not where they are. They are in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VSTPlugins.
Strange, it should work out of the box, several users are using it here. Did you read the manual? You can get support directly from me if you really want to use it. :-)

Cheers, WilliamK
Apologies all, late to reply here.

Thanks WillamK and for the offer of help :) , I'm so 'desperate' for a chainer solution I may well give it another to try.

mmann wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:47 pm Personally, I use PatchWork in standalone mode, which blows away Xlutop Chainer (in my opinion). I have used it in Reaper as well; but as you have mentioned the FX chain in Reaper does the trick.
Cheers, TBH I really need it as a VST, funny as there seems to be more standalone options available

This was suggested before. Did you ever try it ? I've used it and it's pretty cool....

https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/chaine ... ug-and-mix
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:36 pm This was suggested before. Did you ever try it ? I've used it and it's pretty cool....

https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/chaine ... ug-and-mix
Sorry for the slow response, I had tried it, gui not my fave but it certainly has potential.
This market is obviously not tempting as many developers as others.

Reefius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 pm NI Komplete Kontrol maybe? It is free with Komplete Start.
Sadly doesn't support chain recall (+ I *think NI effects only, not sure on that part though)

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... rol-en-us-

WilliamK wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:30 pm Strange, it should work out of the box, several users are using it here. Did you read the manual? You can get support directly from me if you really want to use it. :-)
Cheers, WilliamK
Hi William, is the P2000 still in development, I couldn't see anything about it in the roadmap?

Responding to an older thread but want to say that Mux 8.5 is hands down the best chainer I've used. Before I was a little hesitate with the lack of PDC but now that has been updated in the latest version.

I much prefer this to Blue Cat for simplicity and functionality and as nice as the Plug & Mix solution looks, I don't believe it has PDC for those high latency plugins. Anyhow, really impressed with MuTools Mux 8.5 for the win. For anyone in the market for a long chainer, this to me is by far the best.

Mux 8.5 Rack Snapshot.JPG
This is what a simple rack in 2020 should look like. No BS. They should all have APDC as well so that you aren't dealing with latency issues between tracks.

You do have to configure it as a Startup Effect but it's really not that hard. Also, the Mux is way more stable than most of the other chainers mentioned in this thread are coming from a guy that uses lots of plugins that utilize ridiculous amounts of CPU cycles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”