Best mouse and keyboard for musicproduction

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
vignesh.vijay
KVRian
616 posts since 18 Jun, 2013

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good keyboard and mouse under budget for keyboard and mouse for music production?
My budget should be around $100.

Thanks

Forgotten
KVRAF
10010 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Best mouse and keyboard for musicproduction

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Do you mean computer keyboard or piano keyboard?

AdvancedFollower
KVRian
613 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:00 am

There's really no "best", they're just input devices so it's a matter of personal preference. Some like a big chunky mouse with lots of buttons, others prefer a trackball to save space. Same with keyboards, a compact wireless keyboard might be ideal in a cramped studio, while a big heavy mechanical keyboard might work for others.

DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3688 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:11 am

I use trackball to save space... but also wrists. That turned out to be an issue when I tried to learn playing keys and do some workout as well.

As to keyboard - it's up to your personal preferences. At low price range you're not going to get anything fancy with extra features, so focus on ergonomics.

If I picked a keyboard today, I'd choose a small one with no numpad - no use for it, but it takes precious space on the desk.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2532 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:29 am

Best keyboard (mechanical cherry switches )
-Filco ( pricey but these will last a lifetime )
also verry good
-Ducky one , can be had for around 100 euro
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vurt
addled muppet weed
61723 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:14 am

one where the cat doesn't keep pissing about with the spacebar while im trying to record would be nice :x

roman.i
KVRist
171 posts since 25 Aug, 2019

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:42 pm

I found that gaming keyboards with programmable macro keys on the left side are actually very useful in a DAW.
It's possible to configure these macro keys to open/close different windows per application.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26778 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 pm

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:11 am
If I picked a keyboard today, I'd choose a small one with no numpad - no use for it, but it takes precious space on the desk.
I picked up a cheap, small BenQ keyboard for that reason. I think it's more than 10 years old now, still going strong ... I used to really like my Logitech mouse, it had a really comfortable feel, but stopped working properly after 10 years or so. I think the pair cost less than £50, so no complaints

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”