Who else did the Izotope Deal at Plugin Boutique?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Did you get the bundle and what do you think?

Heck ya!
46%
maybe
15%
F%*#) Izotope
17%
F%*#) Plugin Boutique
2%
F%*#) Both of them and everyone else
21%

Total votes: 48

RELATED
PRODUCTS

DDLY is great tho.

I've picked up all the bits I need from PB over the last couple of years already. The Elements things aren't much good on their own but they're a good step to upgrade to full versions down the track, when they go on sale.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Already have MPB2, Iris and BT but picked up SE for £8. Tend to place value on plugins by how much I'll use them and although good for certain cases, I think that price is about right for me. Think the value will increase as I explore it more.

Already owned Stutter Edit and Trash (got them both years ago for something like 20 dollars). I did pick up Breaktweaker, as even though I'm not overly fond of the interface and don't tend to acquire many drum machines (I prefer Maschine), for 9 bucks I'm sure I'll play with it here and there!

It just dawned on me that I didn't even give iris a second thought. I tried it once and thought "this is useless to me", mostly because the timestretch mode seemed to destroy cpu and be really glitchy. Is it usable now? Maybe I should take another look for this price.

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breaktweaker + stutter for 16 € is a no brain deal.i don t need the elements and i already have trash 2, but the best deal was ozone 8 standard for 49 $....

collider wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:39 pm
SparkySpark wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 pm 9 bucks for Iris 2?! That's just insane!
I got it for free from PB - like many other's too.
Even insaner then! :D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

arrayofthings wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:16 am i do NOT understand the rationale behind making nectar elements where you can't even see what the plugin is doing. It works well on vocals that are already well recorded, not vocals that need a giant EQ curve and 12 resonances to be cut away. Also to mention its pitch correction does NOT let you select a key and it works chromatically. Absolutely useless. The clarity EQ is basically useless. De-esser and compressor are alright. The slider controls threshold. The reverb is too shimmery.

Neutron elements is meh at best. best features are band solo-ing EQ, and vintage compressor. The saturator distorts really easily. The transient shaper could easily be replaced by a free plugin (bittersweet). I don't understand why I would use this in place of FL's stock EQ, compressor (fruity limiter's compression section), and waveshaper when they are simply faster to load and easier on the CPU. And I just prefer to mix by hand. Unless I get into making quantity-over-quality beats (I make EDM)
I agree with the criticism against Nectar and to some degree Neutron. I find Nectar Elements to be of surprisingly little use, bordering on totally useless, and a latency hog on top of that. Can't figure out why, because it seems like a comparatively straightforward product to me. I can't get Nectar to work well for me either. Ozone is another story - I use it (the Standard version, or is it the Advanced perhaps, but I recall Elements was useful too) on every project.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Am I correct in saying that the “elements” plugs are basically stripped down versions of the full vst? Are they usable or just designed to get you to upgrade?

Also, I’m assuming Trash, Stutter, BT, and Iris are the full complete versions?

So, if you want the 4 plugs I just mentioned, it would make sense to purchase the whole bundle, no?

Thanks

tdm71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:48 am Am I correct in saying that the “elements” plugs are basically stripped down versions of the full vst? Are they usable or just designed to get you to upgrade?
Thanks
Don't get neutron/nectar elements, both are garbage (per my rant post). ozone's maximizer is one of the best, the linear phase mid-side eq is really useful too, but the imager is the same as the free ozone imager. rx can fix some common recording noises and works well. would say both ozone and rx elements are usable.

arrayofthings wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:18 am
tdm71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:48 am Am I correct in saying that the “elements” plugs are basically stripped down versions of the full vst? Are they usable or just designed to get you to upgrade?
Thanks
Don't get neutron/nectar elements, both are garbage (per my rant post). ozone's maximizer is one of the best, the linear phase mid-side eq is really useful too, but the imager is the same as the free ozone imager. rx can fix some common recording noises and works well. would say both ozone and rx elements are usable.

Thanks for the detailed info! I wonder if I should get the $50 bundle or not :/

Over the years I had accumulated every other one of the elements bundle as freebies at PiB, the only one PiB hadn't ever given away as a freebie was RX elements.

I really have no use for another de-click/de-hum plugin, so never really looked at RX (especially since the full version was way out of my price range), but when I saw there was a standalone editor included in elements I thought I'd give it a try.

I demo'ed it for all of 5 minutes, and after I ran some of my old vinyl rips from my iTunes library through the standalone editor it was an instabuy.

I had been using Audacity's de-clicker (since the old program I used to used stopped running on my machine) to process all of my vinyl rips to iTunes, and it was just OK, but I have to say that the de-click algorithm in RX elements is truly the best I've ever heard.

I'm not sure if I will ever use any of the RX plugins in any DAW for my own music production, but for de-noising/ de-clicking the standalone editor in RX elements is truly incredible !

Thanks for heads up here on KVR, I wasn't even aware it was on sale !
I even had some virtual PiB cash, and got it for around $6 !

Even if you never use it as a plugin for your own music, the RX elements standalone editor by itself is amazing for cleaning up any dodgy recordings in your music library.

Just my $.02.

- Jay

I am hesitating : I have the previous version of Neutron Elements and Ozone Elements.

- Neutron is a good all in one channel strip, but what each module can do can also be done with other plugins. And the AI thing is a bit too much on the safe side (one db boost here, one db cut there for the eq, one db compression on the buss, done! ...). Imho, TDR SLickeq GE's smart op is much better. What could lead me to update is the resizeable GUI and the better usage of the CPU.

- I also have Ozone Elements, and so far i must say that i have been a bit overwhelmed by it. It's ok, but nothing special imho. It seems that the new Element version doesn't bring much new to the table, does it ?

no it looks like most of the new ozone 9 features only made it to Advanced.

"Elements" are about useless, but now I know almost all of iZotope plugins - except RX and VocalSynth.

Also got BreakTweaker in some bundle, but sold it immediately.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Effects”