Loading PolyGAS v2.4 64bit VST crashes Reaper 6.03 under Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm loving PolyGAS v2.4 64bit VST! Thank you!

ISSUE: When I attempt to load PolyGAS v2.4 64bit VST into an existing Reaper 6.03 (now v6.04) project under Windows v1809, all open instances of Reaper immediately shut down; happens every time.

This is not a problem when I load PolyGAS into an empty Reaper project. I use lots of VST effects and synths, but none have caused this issue before. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Last edited by XilburQost on Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anybody home?

Tray to run vsti in a separate process: right click polygas >run as> separate process.With some buggy vsti should work
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Thanks for the tip, reusenoise.

Unfortunately, Reaper 6.03 does not appear to have an option for running VSTs as a separate process, but it does have a "Buggy plugin compatibility mode." Enabling that does sometimes permit loading PolyGAS, but PolyGAS still crashes soon thereafter. Again, I use dozens of plugins, free and payware, and PolyGAS is the only one I've come across thus far that is so unstable.

I have 5.something close to 6. Puts a weird thing on the middle of the screen, makes it looked like the screen is damaged. Also keeps popping up a read only notice. But I can render some background ambience to a stem and then remove polygas from the project.

Reaper 6 defo has the option to run a plugin as a seperate process. I do this with some older 32 bit plugins.

You must right click the Plugin name in the Plugin list BEFORE you load it to a Track.

When I right-click the VST in REAPER I don't see any option for running it as a separate process.
polygas_rightclick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I ended up using the 32 bit version, it works 100%. 64b Polygas worked before for me, but when I switched to W10 it became my only 64-bit VST that doesn't work in Reaper. Maybe this was coincident with Reaper 6. I was surprised not to see anything in the developper page or forums but finally I gave up and I just use the 32 bit.

I cannot remember if I had to do something like renaming or deleting the 64b DLL in order to properly find (and use) the 32b version from Reaper.

parapentep70, I don't see a 32bit version of PolyGAS available for download. Also, in general my installation of REAPER appears to ignore 32bit VSTs, i.e., they don't show in REAPER's VST menus.

I can see in polygas page.

If your installation of Reaper cannot use 32 bit plugins, make sure that...

1) You installed the bridge to use 32 bit VSTs.

2) The 32 bit VST folder (usually in a different place) is in Reaper path. Many (I'd say most) Reaper users use older 32 bit VSTs that are good and no longer available.

XilburQost wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:38 pm I don't see a 32bit version of PolyGAS available for download.
http://stone-voices.ru/vst/polygas?lang=en

Bottom of the page ?

Return to “Instruments”