[ToneZ-only/Instrumental/Electronic]: Another Dystopy On The International Dance Floors

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

here's my current in the making track for the One Synth Challenge #132 featuring ToneZ, https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez. A nice little Synth with a lot of potential. Please also check out the Tracks of TomitoRMX who is the creator of this synth.

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/anot ... nce-floors

Hope you enjoy it. And I say thanks for your feedback. If you drop a feedback I will return the favour!

Cheers
] Peter:H [
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@0:27 like the pluck coming in, the filter opened up, then it disappeared two seconds later.
@1:13 very nice.
Low end could do with a touch more beef in it overall; bass & kick. Just a touch.
@1:43 great transition.
@2:20 good bridge section.
@3:40 another good section. You've got a good variety in this piece in general.
@4:40 cool ending.
Overall, really liked it. :tu:

Great energy and sounds Peter. Does the synth do the drums as well? If it does then it is a very versatile synth. Even still, lots of cool sounds.
Well put together with plenty of interest and variety.
I like it. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

@Bansaw - Wow thanks for your detailed review. very helpfull, I will look into it.
BTW: Wow! Nice collection of tracks on your Soundcloud. That was an immediate "follow" ...

@Allomerus - Thanks Allomerus, for your nice feedback. And yes the Drums were done with ToneZ as well. The One Synth Challenge rules don't allow any other sound source other than the featured VST. So no samples, no other VSTs.

The composition has lots of ideas which makes it more interesting than typical dance oriented material.

There seems to be a lot of fuzzy distortion on the sounds which is not to my taste. It could be part of the dystopic vibe.

Great job overall. :tu:

This is a very interesting piece and so much from one synth. This goes to show that it's not the geat that's important but what you do with it. Nice job Peter.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Needs more work on low end.

@Frantz, biodiode and mindstuff, thanks guys for your feedback.

@Frantz - Yeah, th distortion thing. Distortion in One Synth Challenge is only allowed when the synth has it as onboard fx...And in the rare cases we get a synth with distortion fx I tend to overdo... :-(

@mindstuff - I will take a look whether I can manage to get the lowend a bit "better". I think you meant to say better in terms of "more" and "less muddy", right? BTW - why so few listeners on your soundcloud? Checked a few tracks then it was an insta follow!

@Biodiode - One Synth Challenge is really a good playground in learing sound design and mixing. But I'm only a amateur compared to several of the other regualar participants... it's hilarious what they can do with each and every synth.

Hey Peter! Haven't listened to an OSC in a long time. So this is all one synth, eh? Has a very interesting sound to it. Doesn't sound like a digital clean sound but that could be the synth and/or the FX you used. But it definitely has a lot of character. I like it.

32 or 64 bit? I may just try it out.

Oh, and the track itself is really cool. Has a nice edge to it. I'd be shocked if you didn't finish the contest high up in the voting.

Good luck.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 pm Hey Peter! Haven't listened to an OSC in a long time. So this is all one synth, eh? Has a very interesting sound to it. Doesn't sound like a digital clean sound but that could be the synth and/or the FX you used. But it definitely has a lot of character. I like it.

Oh, and the track itself is really cool. Has a nice edge to it. I'd be shocked if you didn't finish the contest high up in the voting.

Good luck.
Thanks Steven 🙏 for your kind feedback.

The track is made with ToneZ only. "Only" ToneZ means ToneZ and tons of FX on top of it... the usual OSC game ;-)

ToneZ is available as 64 of 32 bit version for Windows and Mac iirc, check it out here: https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez

The synth is nice, yet it has it's quirks. Because it's cabbage and Csound under the hoods some OSC guys even tried to fix the bugs themselves ... I really enjoyed the on board fx, mostly the distortion which might add to the "less" digital feel.

Btw: I see your enormous productivity at your "Wagtunes Corner" Thread. Why not go for another OSC one day?

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:03 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 pm Hey Peter! Haven't listened to an OSC in a long time. So this is all one synth, eh? Has a very interesting sound to it. Doesn't sound like a digital clean sound but that could be the synth and/or the FX you used. But it definitely has a lot of character. I like it.

Good luck.
Thanks Steven 🙏 for your kind feedback.

The track is made with ToneZ only. "Only" ToneZ means ToneZ and tons of FX on top of it... the usual OSC game ;-)

ToneZ is available as 64 of 32 bit version for Windows and Mac iirc, check it out here: https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez

The synth is nice, yet it has it's quirks. Because it's cabbage and Csound under the hoods some OSC guys even tried to fix the bugs themselves ... I really enjoyed the on board fx, mostly the distortion which might add to the "less" digital feel.

Btw: I see your enormous productivity at your "Wagtunes Corner" Thread. Why not go for another OSC one day?
Thanks for the info on the synth Peter.

Another OSC? I don't know. I find them too limiting. Some people find that kind of limitation challenging and fun. I just find it frustrating.

You might want to check out some of my new stuff. My mixing has come a long way from the old days when I really sucked big time. :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”