Broken MuseBox

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, so here's the issue I'm having.

I have the Musebox Virtual Instrument and Effects Module by MuseResearch, but I can't get it to work correctly. When I turn it on it shows a Welcome! Starting Up screen for several seconds, before it switches to a screen that says Cannot Start Up, No Communication Link. I've tried making sure the hard drive was pushed into the SATA slot, and changed the battery on the motherboard. I've also checked to make sure that all the other cables are plugged in correctly. None of the onboard buttons change anything on the screen when pressed. I've tried this process with and without instrument cables plugged in, and have tried multiple times to access the bios, but I can't get it to boot. I'm not sure if I have the wrong bios button or what. I can't find any other resources online, I've tried MuseResearch site but it looks like they shut down a couple of years ago. I have only had the box for one day, and it was given to me in this condition.

From what I can find, it seems like I'm having a hard drive issue. Is there any way I can re-write the Musebox software or find a third party software that will work just as good.

Thanks

Musebox may have employed Muse Research technology but it is a Peavey product.
That might be the best place to submit your problem.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Or, better still, get an ancient Intel Atom powered HP MINI netbook and use that as a VST player. Way more horsepower than a Musebox. That's why Receptor, Musebox and VM Machine were all abysmal failures. Great concept but absolutely ridiculous bang for the buck. Don't waste your time.....get a cheap old pc....they're a dime a dozen.

I still like the idea. Tech has really advanced since those products came out. Someone should bring it back. A modified Intel NUC with an LCD screen might fit the bill.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”