Geomystery - Ego Is A Burning Vehicle (progressive trance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, fresh new tune from my tranz-lab. And be aware, you can be bored to death if you expect chord progression !

https://soundcloud.com/geomystery/ego-i ... ng-vehicle
Last edited by Soimmo on Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice tune!

Good ideas, good programming, and great juicy sounds. Only technical criticism I have: Everything is mixed up front -- volume variations could be employed to good effect IMO. This is a fine example of the style but I didn't feel like you added your signature. I would have liked to hear something unexpected. My .02.

Will be posting some of my music soon.

I can make track full of unexpected moments, but then it loose that transcendental feeling to me. I have tried it push direction you picture, but I wasnt happy with such approach and reverted it back to state I liked. I dont care about signature sound and such (while Iam sure its there). I just try to make music I like. After 22years of music making only this makes sense to me.

Very nice track. I wouldn't classify it as psychedelic trance, it sounds more like progressive trance, maybe with some psy elements, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it.

I think it has very good musical progression. Any chord changes, unexpected turns and such would be redundant here and would break the hypnotic feel. It sounds just right, hypnotic and entrancing but not boring or repetitive. Lots of floaty dreamy synths and melodies which I really enjoyed.

Good mix overall, I think the bass synth might be a bit tighter and might groove a bit better with the kick.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Ok, thanks for your insight. Very valuable. Iam not very avare of psytrance subgenres characteristics. To me it sounds like old Vibrasphere and thats realy good thing for me. Will change tags on this one and will look to groove of kick vs bass. And yes bass is very wide.

Soimmo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:45 am To me it sounds like old Vibrasphere and thats realy good thing for me.
Yes, Vibrasphere or Andromeda, circa 2006-ish.

That's totally a good thing for me too but these days psytrance ususally means something different.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Will check Andromeda... thank you for tip.

It seems to have a lot of psy elements present, but the track is more relaxed than most of the psytrance tracks I've heard (not so many, I admit). It's quite a chilled atmosphere, especially with those sustained pad sounds, but with an energetic base. Great title too.

Good work :)

I don't like the wide bass but other than that, there's enough variation in the arrangement to keep it interesting. So no, I wasn't bored to death. All in all, well done. But OMG, that bass. Not a pleasant listening experience in headphones.

Return to “Music Cafe”