What's your favorite phaser VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moshimoshi wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:04 am About the lack of a depth control in the Eventide - it does at least have a manual frequency control which is nice to automate, and you can stick to your desired range. In Remote mode it should do the same with MIDI CC1 (I haven't tried this yet). It's quite rare that this control is provided in phasers. Anyway the new version sounds superb, a nice surprise even for Anthology X owners. I'm really hoping they update all the old clockworks plugins.

edit - the remote mode works nicely with LFOtool MIDI out :tu:
That manual control doesn't even work in conjunction with the LFO or the envelope follower! You have to pick only one of the 3 to use at a time!!!!! :dog:

New plugs
Sknote Pedalbench and Eventide Phaser mk2
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Eventide Phaser mk2 is astonishing unique and inspiring and spot on.

Fazortan and Eventide mk2.

Is there still no Smallstone Phaser emulation available which could replace the Artsacoustic Bigrock?

4damind wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:03 am Is there still no Smallstone Phaser emulation available which could replace the Artsacoustic Bigrock?
1+
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

You are currently reading my signature.

mladi wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:17 am
4damind wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:03 am Is there still no Smallstone Phaser emulation available which could replace the Artsacoustic Bigrock?
1+
Back in the day, Kleinstein from the Reaktor User Library sounded pretty good to me. Googled it and found a post I made here in 2011. Time is so long and so short.

My favorites would probably be Phase Mistress, Fazortan 2, and the Eventide MkII.

Adding to the chorus of Fazortan,Eventide lovers.D16 really know how to code modulation plugins.Syntorus 2 is a must have as well.Eventide needs no introduction
I

Maybe I'm wrong... but Eventide doesn't have the L/R offset option to set the amount of stereo spread?
I saw that there is also a new phaser by "112db", which is supposed to be a Smallstone phaser emulation but lacks tempo synchronization and also L/R offset?
So I'm still wondering: why is it almost impossible to develop an accurate Smallstone phaser emulation (except for ArtsAcoustic's Bigrock) and add some useful features?

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

4damind wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am Maybe I'm wrong... but Eventide doesn't have the L/R offset option to set the amount of stereo spread?
I saw that there is also a new phaser by "112db", which is supposed to be a Smallstone phaser emulation but lacks tempo synchronization and also L/R offset?
So I'm still wondering: why is it almost impossible to develop an accurate Smallstone phaser emulation (except for ArtsAcoustic's Bigrock) and add some useful features?
Why you wanna add stereo features to a classic mono modulation effect itself like the mighty EH Small Stone is beyond me. All you get is a big mono soundstage as an outcome. Wasn't it good enough for Jean Michel Jarre as it is?

resistent wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 am Artsacoustic Bigrock was really on-point but since its just abandonware
Seems to be cheap enough to consider it anyway though.

Full Bucket Phaser
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”