The Future of the Past Part 3: Switched-On Everything

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back to 1968 now, when Bob Moog and Wendy Carlos opened the floodgates with "Switched-On Bach" and a tidal wave of synths soon swept the musical landscape!

https://soundcloud.com/user1333790/swit ... everything

This piece is based on a classical theme by Johann Gambleputty ... ... ... von Hautkopft of Ulm. (Which I wrote myself shortly before going to town on it electronically.)

The only instrument used is 12 x Arturia (Moog) Modular V3s -- monophonic of course! -- aided by some external FX.
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

Yes, does remind of Switched on Bach... Well conceived and performed. A bit muddy IMO -- the synths feel kinda piled up and I would have liked to hear more separation. Everything is mixed very up-front -- could have benefitted from some volume differences, EQing, processing (stereo/phase FX) to create more distinction. Obviously you're going for a very retro sound and it's successful. It's a fun tune.

Will be posting some of my music soon.

Hi, thanks for the listen!

There's a new version up that hopefully corrects some of the problems: A new string sound much better separated from the brass, all FX stripped out and then re-applied again only where needed, leading to less mud and "spongeyness".

(Oh, and then I found a problem on the main bus, leading to some extra compression/distortion that was NEVER meant to be there! Must have been more tired than I realised... ;) )
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

Return to “Music Cafe”