Do you recommend new Arturia FX Collection?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It looks f* awesome..

Yes.

Depends.

Yes, all very high quality.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I have Rev Plate, and I've got demos of the spring reverb, the futuristic reverb and delay (Intensity and Eternity) and the 1073 preamp.

Spring reverb is fine - all the players (Twangstrom, Audio Thing Springs, Spirit Reverb) seem to be different rather than one better than another. None of them remind me of my frame of reference (a spring tank in a Fender combo amp) but I like all of them as a special effect.

Rev plate I liked initially but after demoing Transatlantic Plates I found it's pretty bright and metallic and hard to dial those out in comparison.

The 1073 sounds good to me, no idea how authentic it might be.

Eternity delay is the big winner IMO, the internal modulation makes it very powerful.

Intensity has similar abilities but didn't sound that exciting to me in use.

Yes the delays are fantastic, the filters are also useful. The rest doesn’t offer anything new, if you have waves, softube, pa or fabfilter

You'd get more mileage out of TrackComp than their 3 compressors. You'd get better sounding results out of The Drop than their filters (at the expense of more CPU). You'd get better sounding delays out of ValhallaDelay (love that thing). I dig their plate (though convolution based), but ValhallaPlate is very good too. AudioThing Springs is an excellent spring with a TON of options, and there's a lot of great sounding reverbs. There's a ton of great sounding EQs and preamps out there, but the Arturia ones are pretty good.

So yeah, it depends.

Yes

If you have already alternatives (including DAW stock FX) then NO.

Short answer YES. Especially if you can pick it up for an extremely good price.

Calenberger wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:26 am If you have already alternatives (including DAW stock FX) then NO.
Care to compare, side by side, the DAW stock alternatives to something like Intensity or Eternity, for example?

Not to mention the emulated Pres/EQs, the Compressors, the other Delays and Reverbs, or the Filters.

Anyway, in what concerns effects, I think it's very much a matter of personal taste and workflow. What may fit and be like a golden gift to one, may be just a "meh" to other :shrug:

Personally, I would say: Get them and demo them. If you like them, fine. If you don't, look for something else.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 am
Calenberger wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:26 am If you have already alternatives (including DAW stock FX) then NO.
Care to compare, side by side, the DAW stock alternatives to something like Intensity or Eternity, for example?

Not to mention the emulated Pres/EQs, the Compressors, the other Delays and Reverbs, or the Filters.

Anyway, in what concerns effects, I think it's very much a matter of personal taste and workflow. What may fit and be like a golden gift to one, may be just a "meh" to other :shrug:

Personally, I would say: Get them and demo them. If you like them, fine. If you don't, look for something else.
I'm quite happy with my Logic Pro.
It's FX are top quality.
I doubt that most FX on the market are really better (in terms of hearing a difference in a mixed track) than these.

What is it?
No signature here!

Calenberger wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:10 pm
fmr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 am

I'm quite happy with my Logic Pro.
It's FX are top quality.
I doubt that most FX on the market are really better (in terms of hearing a difference in a mixed track) than these.
I won't deny that. Some of the Logic Pro effects are top notch.

That said, that's not what you wrote. You wrote "if you have already alternatives".

Although Logic Pro has excellent reverb and delays, compressors and EQs, they have a completely different approach (maybe not so much in the case of the compressor). Like I said, it's all a matter of personal taste and workflow.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:34 pm Logic Pro has excellent reverb and delays, compressors and EQs, they have a completely different approach (maybe not so much in the case of the compressor). Like I said, it's all a matter of personal taste and workflow.
Yes :tu:

Return to “Effects”