What are some soft synths with preset morphing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like morphox has (had, I don't have it and it's no longer available).

Edited to add: I mean while the music is playing all the patch's parameters are gradually/smoothly (seamlessly) changing to a different set of defined parameters. I don't mean making new presets by using some type of randomize function.

Edited to add: I'm well aware that modulating sound is basically what any synthesizer does. Was looking for something potentially more extreme with a faster workflow. Thanks for responses. I have enough to demo now.
Last edited by empphryio on Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

empphryio wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:28 am Like morphox has (had, I don't have it and it's no longer available).
I use a reaper script which morphs between a starting point (can be a preset if you like) to the randomized result. Very useful (Script: mpl_Randomize Track FX parameters.lua)

Alchemy in LogicPro :tu:

Good old absynth.

What does morph mean in this context? That the parameters change seamlessly when you change the preset?

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:29 pm What does morph mean in this context? That the parameters change seamlessly when you change the preset?
Sure. Seamlessly.
Every parameter changing via one automation to another set of predefined values in a smooth morphing or I guess seamless manner.

Pretty old, but still sounds great and is 32 and 64. It's also free.

https://www.greenoak.com/crystal/dnld2.html
Last edited by ravasb on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiggle has the most intuitive morph system: morph from one state to another. You can store 4 states: A,B,CD, and morph between them. I don't remember if it's a poly or mono modulation, I think, mono...
Best
YY

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:29 pm What does morph mean in this context? That the parameters change seamlessly when you change the preset?
NI FM8 provides the feature to morph between 4 presets. NI terminology: Sounds.
Apple Logic Pro X Alchemy is different. Morph happens within 1 preset.

ravasb wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:02 pm Pretty old, but still sounds great and is 32 and 64. It's also free.

https://www.greenoak.com/crystal/dnld2.html
I used to use that. Don't recall it morphing exactly.. Thought the volume could just be automated to go between patches? I could be wrong.

Minimonsta

Sunrizer (Beepstreet).
His coming modular also has this (but maybe iOS only).
But its just a A to B.
Alchemy is still king for me and also works best here. Even things like arp morphing works nice and smooth here.
Every synth today should come with MPE and snapshot and/or preset morphing.

Alchemy, although you really morph between presets-within-a-preset. There are 8 slots where you can save different parameters for just about evertything, and then morph smoothly between them by sliding the selector over a grid. 8 slots, with 4 layers that can all have different synthesis engines which you can mix, per preset.

You can not morph between synthesis engines within a single layer though, or morph sequences/arps which are saved per preset.

It's VERY deep, though it's been stagnant for years as Apple hasn't been doing much with it.

Strobe and Cypher have morphing but it's not meant for real-time

Return to “Instruments”