cmDongle is about to expire in 10 days ??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:16 pm I just know that it's not happening on everyone's computer, so, there's gotta be something wrong on the OP's computer.
It's going to happen to everyone who "updated" to the new CodeMeter version of Avenger.

Just happened here on this system and it only took a couple of minutes of wasted time but there is no way the CodeMeter malware will ever make it on to my studio computer.

Do you own Avenger ? I'm guessing not.
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:26 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm When hearing this... I first wonder why other people don't have the issue. :ud:
Um, every Avenger 1.5 user on computer authorisation DOES have the issue, as they approach the 90 day mark. It's by design.
Ok then, that's a word. :)

Wonder why I never read about it here.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on forums. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:16 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:12 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm When hearing this... I first wonder why other people don't have the issue. :ud:
As an “expert” at finding bugs that don’t seem to strike (or be noticed by, or be cared about) by most other users of every product I own... I am hereby formally offended at the notion that there’s something wrong with someone just for being seemingly uniquely struck by a software annoyance. :evil: :x :P :lol: :lol:
1. I didn't say that there is something wrong with the OP. 2. If software is operated in a wrong way, and it leads to issues, you can't blame the software.

That said, I don't know what's the case here. I just know that it's not happening on everyone's computer, so, there's gotta be something wrong on the OP's computer. I think JoaquinAce mentioned everything which is relevant to the OP. A general discussion about how evil copy protections are is not very helpful to him.
I’m not seriously picking at you.

Levity ;-)

But it’s very frustrating to have weird software behaviors. I understand why people get aggressive about dropping copy protection schemes like this because it’s added complexity and that’s where this kind of “no one else has that problem” situation comes from: too many variables; difficult to track the cause(s). I abandoned an entire platform because of this (every “tech” forum usually ends up with the so-called experts saying “something must be wrong with your system; reinstall from scratch” and no effort at all is made to figure out the cause).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

This questionable copy protection is the reason I'm not even thinking about getting this Avenger thing. There's enough hassle free competition.

What a cool feature!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

At the moment I am glad I never updated Avenger, but at the same time I have to resign myself to eventually having to put up with this Codemeter crap or just accept a financial waste on yet another piece of software when Apple eventually breaks it with an OS update.

NothanUmber wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:48 pm
Calenberger wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:29 pm When hearing this, I start praising iLok.
When hearing this I start praising serial number/key file/no activation at all.

Buying stuff shouldn't be a disadvantage in usage comfort or the ability to change machines at will. Many modern notebooks/tablets only have one or two usb ports...
Definitely a purchase criterion for me.
+1
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:26 pm
Um, every Avenger 1.5 user on computer authorisation DOES have the issue, as they approach the 90 day mark. It's by design.
Yes. Not only does Avenger to this, they do it even if you have your Avenger license on a hardware CodeMeter dongle.

This is complete and utter bullsh*t. I and a bunch of other people called Manuel out about it. First he lied (or was inexcusably ignorant) and said that it was not possible to do it any other way. Then when we pointed out that that was obviously false because Reason, which uses the same system, has no such requirement, he dug in his heels and said we should stop complaining, and just suck it up.

I was fine with the new copy protection scheme until he pulled this crap. When this kind of stuff happens, the bad blood it creates is enough for me to not want to use even such an amazing instrument as Avenger. Thankfully we have plenty of alternatives.

Some developers seem to see their customers as foes and not as friends...

I appreciate the help! Thank you everyone. Best wishes.

Calenberger wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:43 am Some developers seem to see their customers as foes and not as friends...
Just wondering, but... do you see your employers business partners or clients as "friends"?

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by skaibluemusic on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nevermind, didn't read properly.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:11 am
Calenberger wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:43 am Some developers seem to see their customers as foes and not as friends...
Just wondering, but... do you see your employers business partners or clients as "friends"?
When your company is based on recurring customer business (as most of the companies are) then you should do everything to keep your customers happy and treat them as kind of friends. Otherwise your company will sooner or later crumble. Short answer: yes.

Return to “Instruments”