Beta testing the latest changes for all Wusik products.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just uploaded new OSX and Windows files for the following products. Fixed a keyboard problem with the tree-view. Also updated the manuals and change-files. I really need more people to test this out as I want to release this officially asap. :-) Thanks again.

Products: Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik One, Wusik EVE V5, Wusik DLooper and Wusik ZR.

If you want to help beta test the products, check the site www.Wusik.com, in the Demonstration area. Those are updated too. If you do a good job on testing stuff out I could reward you with some freebies. ;-) :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

I might have got it wrong.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have add some other things:

1. You released EVE v5 with a beautiful skin and almostg no presets. The old presets were not converted, and you left that job to the user. yet EVE is one of the synths with most potential. You really should pay more attention to it. One of the things I would write would be a batch converter for the old rpesets. Even if they didn't sound right, at least the samples would be there, already mapped, and people could tweak the presets to their like.

2. Wusikstation is your main product, your flagship, therefore it should be the one you dedicate more attention. At least half of the development should be given to it, IMO. I am still using v7, since I never liked v8, and still don'0t like v9. If you are really coming up with a v10, you should pick v7 and start from there (again IMO). v8 and v9 are bad hacks.

3. Wusik One and Wusik ZR should be merged in a single product, and given a much more appealing GUI. The ones they currently have are really disgusting. I have them because they are in the bundle, but I would never buy any of them, or even pick it for free.

4. Wusik 8008. I really don't know what the use. With so many great modular synths now, I think you should simply abandon it. It doesn't make sense, and adds nothing to the picture. If you want to make a real modular, make a real modular, That's a half baked product, and basically useless for someone who already owns Wusikstation.

5. To sum it up: Squeeze your product line to just three products: WusikStation, Wusik EVE and Wusik One/ZR. Create a batch converter to get back all the old EVE presets, even if they don't sound really like in the old version. Ask a designer to draw a really good GUI for Wusik One/ZR, and maybe reconfigure it to make it more manageable. Redraw WusikStation completely, based on the old v7, incorporating the more modern code, but preserving the basic functionality of the old version.
Fernando (FMR)

Just tried the updates. This is a much better version as the vst's play without the dropouts I had been experiencing and the GUI's load correctly here. There does seem to be something odd still going on with CPU usage and there is a discrepancy between the CPU load reported in Reaper and the Load as displayed in the Task Manager and that they invert when the GUI is open and closed. Still wont load in Element correctly.
That said I would be remiss if I didn't echo fmr's comments. I think he's summed things up pretty well.

Guys, thanks for testing. As for the other things, funny, this week I received two emails saying the exact opposite and with tons of love for all products. So I guess the saying is still valid: you can't please everybody. :-( but I will think about things, for sure. Keep in mind that in the end I still need to follow my vision for the whole thing.

BTW: I did the graphics for Wusik ZR and DLooper :cry:

WilliamK wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 am Keep in mind that in the end I still need to follow my vision for the whole thing.
Sure. And that was my opinion. Just MY opinion. I don't pretend owning the truth, and I maybe totally wrong, of course, but at least you have something to think about. And I have enough years in the industry to know a few things :wink
Fernando (FMR)

Regarding Wusik P2000, and to put things straight, your scan routine "sucks". It didn't pass the second plug-in (still in the internal). I would advise you simply scan plug-ins upon loading (also because it will be unlikely anyone would need to use ALL of them inside P2000.

So, you either create a good scan routine, or simply get rid of it. The way it is now, it is basically useless. Going uninstall it (again). For something aiming to be a bridge, you still have a looong way to run.
Fernando (FMR)

- Unison in ZR is broken. Just try it, and you'll see.
- Wavetable scanning in Wusikstation One needs to be smoother, IMO. Still too many artifacts. Didn't try it yeat in WusikStation.

And I think I will end with this. You should pick JUST ONE instrument, and perform a real overhaul on it, instead of messing with things globally, without really fixing anything. The way things are, you never really finish polishing and fixing anything. When you want to "really" fix things, select one instrument, just one, and let me know.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm I have add some other things:

1. You released EVE v5 with a beautiful skin and almostg no presets.
The old presets were not converted, and you left that job to the user.
One of the things I would write would be a batch converter for the old rpesets.

+100 :tu:

Agreed!

Saw wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am
fmr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm I have add some other things:

1. You released EVE v5 with a beautiful skin and almostg no presets.
The old presets were not converted, and you left that job to the user.
One of the things I would write would be a batch converter for the old rpesets.

+100 :tu:

Agreed!
I also concur :tu:
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Guys, please, let's stick to the subject of this thread: testing the new code I'm doing for all products. The Anti Crash Code. And also fixing small bugs along the way. I hear you about EVE Presets. The thing is that EVE V5 is a new product, and the presets system is totally different. Also, EVE older presets were very simple, as EVE V*/V3 didn't have many options. But this is still on my list.
Regarding Wusik P2000, and to put things straight, your scan routine "sucks". It didn't pass the second plug-in (still in the internal). I would advise you simply scan plug-ins upon loading (also because it will be unlikely anyone would need to use ALL of them inside P2000.
I will check if maybe the online files are the wrong ones. As the code works here on my two machines. So I will need to investigate this further. And just so you know, Wusik X42 is the Bridger. Wusik P2000 does Bridge plugins too, but it's a Chainer. ;-)
- Unison in ZR is broken. Just try it, and you'll see.
Ah, indeed, I noticed it now. I will fix this.
- Wavetable scanning in Wusikstation One needs to be smoother, IMO. Still too many artifacts. Didn't try it yeat in WusikStation.
Next to the Wavetable knob there's a Interp. option. Just use that for better audio.
And I think I will end with this. You should pick JUST ONE instrument, and perform a real overhaul on it, instead of messing with things globally, without really fixing anything. The way things are, you never really finish polishing and fixing anything. When you want to "really" fix things, select one instrument, just one, and let me know.
I disagree with you. I have been working HARD for over 2 months on getting all the stuff fixed and running correctly. The list of changes are very large already and that's not counting the new anti crash code that was very hard to make. I guess you just don't see how much work I have been putting on this FREE updates. :-(

Here's the list of changes just for Wusik Station so far.

- New Anti Crash Protection (ACP) code. The plugin will now run on an external process and will auto-reload if it crashes, without harming the host/daw. It should also retain the latest changes done to the preset.
- Multi Instance Presets now are saved in the Host/DAW project file correctly.
- Added double-click on parameters to edit manually by typying the value.
- Added the option of clicking on a parameter and using the keyboard keys - and + (or up/down cursor keys) to change the value. Holding shift is fine-tune and ctrl is max or min. The key 0 centers the value.
- Added MIDI CC Buttons to current focus button/parameter data +/- and also preset +/-. So when you click on a button/parameter, you can use a MIDI CC Button to change the value up and down. By default the following MIDI CCs are used: Data+ CC# 96, Data- CC# 97, Data Rate CC# 66 (this selects from 0.1, 0.01, and 0.001 in rotation). And you can also change presets using CC# 10 for Next Preset and CC #7 for Previous Preset. This new option is to be used with MIDI Controllers that has push-buttons. If you want to use a knob/pot right click on the parameter and select Midi Learn instead.
- Fixed a problem with MIDI Learn on parameters when using a keyboard that sends CC# 98~101 and also anything above CC#120. Those CC# are now ignored globaly.
- Improved the Effects version (fixed some problems).
- Added to the Plugin's Manager: Reveal File.
- Fixed a problem with the bridger GUI height.
- Better 32 to 64 bits bridger, using the same code as Wusik X42. That includes the option to over-sample bridged plugins. Better presets menu with next and previous selectors plus FXB/FXP exporting options.
- Updated the Plugin's Scanner: added isInstrument option to each plugin.
- Fixed a crash in the Plugin's Scanner, when selecting bad plugins and using the show/hide options.
- Changed the init state of the synth: now it starts with the sample-player layer instead of the wave-sequencer layer and also loads up the Pure Sine waveform.
- The About-Box version number will now show the compilation date and hour.
- Fixed a wrong error message about the data folder not been write enabled.
- Fixed a problem when using TUN/Scala Microtuning files.
- In the FX/Master page, 'A' Tune has been expanded to allow any value from 0 to 99999. Also, clicking on the value will open a box allowing you to input any number, including a float point division. EG: 400.24
- Fixed a problem when using the Zoom option and Multi Instances mode (Multi Presets).

Guys, keep things positive. I'm just trying to work and fix things. :hug:

Best Regards, WilliamK

I just updated all products for the updated Scanner files. You can test it with other products too such as Wusik Station V9, as it uses the same file to run the scan of plugins :cool:

WilliamK wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:30 pm
Next to the Wavetable knob there's a Interp. option. Just use that for better audio.
I tested all the options. None is satisfactory to me. Some are bearable, but not more than that. I wrote this to you before. If you really want your synths to do wavetable scanning, you need to do it properly. Check the good examples in this area and compare the results.

Serum, Hive, Icarus, Pigments, Rapid, etc.

I'll test the scan, but it will be the last time I will waste my time with a scan. It is already painful enough having to go through that with the hosts.
Fernando (FMR)

Just uploaded Wusik ZR with the Unison problem fixed. I also improved the code for that as well. Thanks again for telling me about this. :hug:

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”