Waves Berzerk vs Waves MDMX plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wondering, how different sonically they are?

They all sound different to each other. The controls take the sound in different directions.

Bzrk is quite extreme tbh, great for big distortions. (Which I love for drums)

The others are more subtle, and the screamer one isn't really a "scream" distortion as you'd expect, but again it's quite nice in areas.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

The MDMX seems to be a cross between a more traditional distortion effect that you would find in a guitar pedal, for example, and something more flexible like Berzerk.

They all have their own uses. The MDMX all have their own characteristic sounds, some better in certain contexts than others, whereas Berzerk can be more brutal. Of course, you can always blend in only as much as you want, making them all really useful indeed.

Don’t forget to try the HD button, or is it HQ?? With it on it seems to oversample and and get a much more nicer top end. With it off, though it can cause some aliasing, but that’s not necessarily bad. You can produce some nice distortion effects by introducing some aliasing.

Thank for answers. Berzerk has become my favourite distortion plugin. Was just wondering if others would add more to my drums, because Berzerk has around 8-10 distortion types, why MDMX just one (in every plugin).

Yep berzerk is a great tool, in fact the MDMX are one of the best waves product (what are the best for me : renaissance maxx, ssl bundle , abbey road bundle and NX...)

Igro wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:24 pm Thank for answers. Berzerk has become my favourite distortion plugin. Was just wondering if others would add more to my drums, because Berzerk has around 8-10 distortion types, why MDMX just one (in every plugin).
Yeah it's true, although I believe you can't achieve the MDMX distortions with Berzerk. I could be wrong, but Berzerk appear's to me to be distortion cranked to 11 where as the MDMX products feel more like guitar pedals... cranked to 11. :ud: :ud:

I get the reason for making two products in part, but I still think that MDMX could have been consolidated into one plugin with 3 modes. That's just my take on it.

Return to “Effects”