February contest:Submission "Groundhog day"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This time it is Groundhog day in music form https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_(film)

You will make a song like the movie, that will repeat, you can decide how many times it should repeat and how it should repeat every time, doesn't have to repeat the same every time could be alternative versions.
The music itself is up you how it sounds.

Time Limit 3 min

Deadline 27 Feb 21:00 PM Swedish time

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - 3 min time limit.

3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by 26 Feb 21:00 PM (Swedish TIME )

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m, October 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog.

Okay, I have been a tad too quick and not following all rules.
But heck, I'm allready satisfied. I'll adapt to the rules later.

[editted] final take now available through link below [/editted]

https://soundcloud.com/mystahr/reptiles-final-take

3 x pigments2 (what a loverly vst)
A lounge lizard (hence the title)
Labs violin
Mikro Prism
and some Drum FX from Amon Tobin - Session in Post
Done in Ableton Live Intro
FX:
All channels go through Neutron 3
Fabfilter
SuperCharger
2 x Valhalla
Last edited by mystahr on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's My Sub!
https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... e-go-again
My entry for Feb 2020 KVR Music Cafe contest.
Composed for the comp, featuring my noodling on Arturia Analog Lab 4, EKD, ESD and Cymbalystic, as well as electric guitar and bass.
direct download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v5eJ8i ... sp=sharing

Stuck
Recorded, Mixed and Mastered in Reaper

Vocals
Me into a Studio Project C1 Large Diaphram Condensor, Audient iD-14 Interface

Guitar
Me playing a G&L Ascari GT-90 into an Audient iD-14 Interface
Amp sim is a Kuassa Caliburn, using a few different settings

Drums
Modified Groove Monkee loops using samples from iZotope Breaktweaker and SSD5

Bass
Programmed MIDI with IK Multimedia MODO Bass

Keys
Dexed in Choruses 2 and 3 (Farfissa patch)
iZotope Iris 2 in Chorus 3
Shepards Tone in verses done with a Sine wave in ReaSynth, with a bunch of effect on it.
for those unfamiliar, from Wikipedia: A Shepard tone is a "sound consisting of a superposition of sine waves separated by octaves. When played with the bass pitch of the tone moving upward or downward, it is referred to as the Shepard scale. This creates the auditory illusion of a tone that continually ascends or descends in pitch, yet which ultimately seems to get no higher or lower."

Samples
Clock ticking, alarm clock bell and shotgun sounds from freesound.org

2002_Milford_Stuck.mp3

>> Winter Tune <<

HW:
Fender Stratocaster guitar, Alesis solo tube pre, Shure beta58, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Rocktron Chameleon, Custom Jazz-bass, Zoom MS-60B, Electro Harmonix Soul Food, Waldorf Rocket [intro], Behringer Model D [melody]
SW :
Minimogue VA, NI Bandstand, NI Battery, NI Massive, TruePianos, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field, Nuclear Cranium

Devotion in Four Words
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/76696 ... ACspQlXg2P
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/0220 ... four-words
LIVE10
telecaster > minimal efx (for a change)
vocals > melodyne > verb
rapture pro bass
cobbled together drumrack
ableton studio grand
operator
analog
alchemy 1.5
soundtoys tremolator - camelspace - echobode - valhalla - ozone5

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

In Groundhog Day, although Phil Connors repeats the same day over and over, each day is slightly different. Therefore I have come up with an 8 bar chord sequence (E-B-C#m-A) which repeats for the duration of the song but different elements are added every 8 bars.
Repetition

DAW
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Peavey Electric Guitar

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2 & Keys
Tracktion 4-Band EQ & Low/High Pass Filter
TAL Reverb 4 & Chorus
TDR Feedback Compressor
PG-8X
PhreePhuzz
OrilRiver
Wider
Synth 1
kHs Delay
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

3 different versions of the same tune.

Elements

Ample Guitars L, SC & TC
Ample Bass P
GSi VB3 II
Addictive Drums 2

Offenbarung des Murmeltier-Tages

Omnisphere, Soundtoys rack, Plini, Reaeq, Solar guitar V1.7, NI Razor,Arturia Pigments, NI Replika, Chipcrusher, Ozone 9

4 bars looped. That's it.

Everon
>> ogg vorbis << | >> mp3 <<

Stuff used:

sound organiser: waveform
sound sources: drumatic, optik, 4osc, surge, podolski, subtractive, tal-noisemaker
sound manipulators: delay, tal-dub, multilens, glaceverb, stereo fx, wow n flutter, drowaudio-tremolo, nonlinear space, master mix

repetion

spulled itt rong :dog:

2 notes, some fx.
modular, recorded via samplitudinal means.

Return to “Music Cafe”