RPM Album Challenge!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well i got a kick up the arse to get sokething done :lol:
ill have to use your real name in the album credits

thanks to elberon bonerparte (the 4th). :)

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 pm arrrrggggghhhhh!!!

final few days, panicy, but not too much.
have a version im reasonably happy with.
will look at adding some automation on sends and such, but may not get that done before the deadline.

if nothing else, its helped me realise, as much fun as noodling is, a little intent forces me to learn the modules more intimately.
before id have a more "lets see what this does?" attitude, whereas here, as i was looking for layers to sit over layers, it was "ok, how am i going to get that done?"
i think going forward, a combination of approaches will be adopted.
noodle long passages, have some fun.
cut out the less than good bits, use the remaining as a bed to add bits here n there 8)

so see you soon!!!
Vurt, are you going the 10 song or 35 minute route?

wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 pm

will look at adding some automation on sends and such, but may not get that done before the deadline.

if nothing else, its helped me realise, as much fun as noodling is, a little intent forces me to learn the modules more intimately.
before id have a more "lets see what this does?" attitude, whereas here, as i was looking for layers to sit over layers, it was "ok, how am i going to get that done?"
cut out the less than good bits, use the remaining as a bed to add bits here n there 8)

so see you soon!!!
35(plus) mins of music, but with several distinct (to me :hihi: ) pieces.
so hopefully enough variation to be entertaining but without a jarring effect on the flow...
hopefully :)

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 pm

so see you soon!!!
35(plus) mins of music, but with several distinct (to me :hihi: ) pieces.
so hopefully enough variation to be entertaining but without a jarring effect on the flow...
hopefully :)
Looking forward to it. I will be listening to it in its entirety.

Hard to believe I finished this 15 days ago.

hard to believe ive finished :hihi:

well, aside from album art :o

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 pm hard to believe ive finished :hihi:

Congratulations. When can I hear it?

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:05 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 pm hard to believe ive finished :hihi:

Congratulations. When can I hear it?
should hopefully get uploaded tonight :)

welcome to the neververse.

the full "suite" :hihi:

need to cut the bloody thing up as its too big for the player upload :bang:
didn't realise they still wanted "tracks" as such :o
will have to sort that tomorrow as i cant seem to find a way to export the separate tracks, without doing it manually :cry:

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:19 pm welcome to the neververse.

will have to sort that tomorrow as i cant seem to find a way to export the separate tracks, without doing it manually :cry:
Well, that was quite an adventure. I really liked the breakdown around the 22 minute mark to give some relief from the pace. The last minute I could barely hear. In fact, the last 30 seconds sounded like silence but I'm not sure.

Parts of the track sounded like samples, especially at the beginning. It felt like I heard trains and construction equipment of some kind. Maybe jackhammers?

Anyway, that was very cool. The way you put it together kept my interest all the way through and that's tough to do on a 36 minute track.

Well done. :tu:

whatever
Last edited by schmerzschlag on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tried to listen on my phone while I was out, but it didn't really work out. Will probably use it for a meditation session, later today :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:55 pmthanks to elberon bonerparte (the 4th). :)
The IV(th)? How very dare you!

album art...
20200229_164222.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:21 pm

Well, that was quite an adventure. I really liked the breakdown around the 22 minute mark to give some relief from the pace. The last minute I could barely hear. In fact, the last 30 seconds sounded like silence but I'm not sure.

Parts of the track sounded like samples, especially at the beginning. It felt like I heard trains and construction equipment of some kind. Maybe jackhammers?

Anyway, that was very cool. The way you put it together kept my interest all the way through and that's tough to do on a 36 minute track.

Well done. :tu:
glad it worked as a whole, i tried to keep some elements samey popping up, but overall do a 3 part piece with tranistions :hihi:

no samples, all oscillations and fx :)

sorted it in to bite size tracks...
cant open site to upload anything :cry:

Return to “Music Cafe”