Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Btw just wondering why betas dll files weight about 2mb less than default installed dll's ? 8) (it's for both - byome and lion)
bmanic wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:42 pm Also, oversampling drastically changes the tonality of some modules.
Well, i'm in contrary, would say this is quite interesting ability (if it is). Which increase timbre ranges (variability always good).

Just bought now and not tried yet. :hyper:

@bmanic i even remember i did once the same request for Aalto to Randy, that would be ability to change aalto quality (and decrease cpu usage) and together with that re-open sounding of miriad aalto presets as completely something new. Such experimental approach. Sad a bit that Randy bypassed this idea.

Thanks for the synth, UA. Actually, I'm pretty happy with that purchase.

I would never buy it for full price but for $29 Lion is an enormous gorgeous FX-machine with a lot of stuff inside. Very unusual oscillators and full-featured BYOME in the next row give the ability to make really strange sounds in a couple of seconds...

I wouldn't use Lion for "leads", "basses" etc., but when I'll need something...unpredictable (I need it very often) - it will be my choice.

Hm, immediately found some strange behavior. Reproduce:

Preset is default, let's switch to 2x quality, and set Release (Master ADSR) to say, half (2.6), press note thru DAW pianoroll, and while note sounding try increase Release to say, 10. It will cause infinity sounding (infinity release).

I ofcourse like all which sounds infinity :D , but this seems some bug ? Or by some design maybe ?

In 1x (default) quality mode i can't reproduce such behavior.

(Will need reinstall and check default PA version)

Added: oh yes forgot, v1.1.1 (beta), vst2 64bit Win10 Studio One 4

Hmm, reinstalled back PA version (1.0.0) - exactly the same behavior.
(rolling back to 111)

I can’t seem to resubscribe to the newsletter to get these offers. Anyone else have that issue?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:29 am I can’t seem to resubscribe to the newsletter to get these offers. Anyone else have that issue?
Just use one of these codes during checkout

FEB-29-A-NDD4CY3Z
FEB-29-B-EPRAL9QL

And you can use my $50 voucher in addition if you want, I have not planned to use it this month anyway...
2020-02-50-HUYSTM9

Didn't use the above codes but I did get Lion today and have gotta say hats off to the devs, this thing is awesome!

Damn, some of the presets on this are unusable noise and chaos.
Who approved that as a showcase for a synth?! :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Nice, I only had to wait 5 months to get it at the price I wanted. Already own Byome and Triad so I'm comfortable diving in. There's a LOT of oscillator options here. Really liking FM modules on my first attempt. Lion strikes a nice balance between complexity/simplicity of FM.

antic604 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:36 am Damn, some of the presets on this are unusable noise and chaos.
I agree, I wish someone would make a couple good banks for this thing.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I actually don’t care about the presets. Which is good, cause I agree, their not my cup of tea.

After using BYOME for a long time I find this to be extremely natural and fluid. Finally have a synth that I just want to program from scratch rather than starting at some preset.

nathanj wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 amI actually don’t care about the presets. Which is good, cause I agree, their not my cup of tea.
Well, they're a good thing to have when you need to quickly see if it's something for you, assess the range of sounds possible, etc. And obviously a necessary starting point, if someone sucks at sound design like me ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:36 am Damn, some of the presets on this are unusable noise and chaos.
it is a synth, not only for happy accidents, but is somewhat different from other synths.
matter of taste? most likely. for my taste, LION is a great synth, bought when it came out, i make my own presets, and yeah, great. but that is for me.

o yes, i have all the UA plugins, but bought the only instrument i didn't own from PA, although i have the SEM V3, which is for me a great synth to work with. you can guess which one.

so i have one code to give away:

FEB-29-B-7YVYFHP2

the first one to grab it...

antic604 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:46 am
nathanj wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 amI actually don’t care about the presets. Which is good, cause I agree, their not my cup of tea.
Well, they're a good thing to have when you need to quickly see if it's something for you, assess the range of sounds possible, etc. And obviously a necessary starting point, if someone sucks at sound design like me ;) :D
yes the presets are not all great showcase, but some are.
i read the manual... haha, so i know what to do...

it is not everyone's cup of tea. me thinks. and perhaps you will discover, that in the end it is, it isn't that difficult. but i agree, it is not a synth, that is most easy one. but me like, a lot to contol. and yes, experimenting.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:49 amLION is a great synth
WasteLand wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 amit is not everyone's cup of tea. me thinks. and perhaps you will discover, that in the end it is, it isn't that difficult. but i agree, it is not a synth, that is most easy one.
Oh, I'm not suggesting it's not great or that it's hard to use, just was surprised by the (terrible) quality - or in fact, a very narrow niche they're appealing to - of some of the presets. That's all :)
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Instruments”