/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Triad is pretty heavy on the cpu compared to BYOME, if that is the main concern here.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

In another post you said you use Live, if that's the case you don't really need Triad. You can create an effect rack and split the signals of 3 or more Byomes to make a multiband version. Obviously more CPU but offers more flexibility.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

El°HYM wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:37 pmTriad is pretty heavy on the cpu compared to BYOME, if that is the main concern here.
I think the real question should be: are 3 BYOMEs used in parallel on the same track in a splitter (or parallel copies of the track) more CPU efficient than single instance of TRAID? Or is TRIAD with 2 bands unused as CPU efficient as single instance of BYOME.

If the difference is negligible, I'd say go for TRIAD, because one can use the same modulation source(s) across all 3 bands, which is not possible (internally) between BYOME instances.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Out of interest, is there any usability difference between the two?
I wonder if Byome might be more "hands-on" and easier to edit (as less cluttered UI) vs Triad?
Thanks

There is a bundle of Byome and Triad on the PA products page at the moment, maybe you can get that with the voucher?
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

resistent wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 pm Due the sale PA is running right now I consider to buy Byome or Triad. I know the difference between those two but wonder how they compare CPU wise? I don't have the newest CPU that's the reason I ask Is Triad more CPU hungry than Byome?

At the moment I'm not able to try the demos to check by myself hence the question.
there is also a bundle of these two.... a temporary bundle (they say..)... you can buy with one voucher...

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... undle.html

how do you know it, did you try ? you can't buy it with one voucher

resistent wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:34 am Found some time to compare both. On my side there is max a difference of 1% in cpu usage. I tested Triad in 2x Parallel mode (which I probably will use in the most cases) and it's fun to play with. It's definitely and advantage to have 2 parallel chains + a master chain in comparison to Byome and internal/external routing.

Just two things I wonder about 1) Why is there no way to disable the Display? I find it sometimes distracting. 2) On my side the "Use OpenGL" is missing. 3) There seems no way to save a default user preset :( ... however I think is something for the support.

For 30$ there is really nothing to complain. I was supposed to buy MeldaFreeFxBundle but this has to wait now. My 4th purchase within the last four month after almost three years of abstinence.
1) you can change what the display shows, not disable it.
2) you have the "beta"? openGL has been removed because of the problems it caused.
3) you can save a user preset, it opens a normal window, save preset as..., and it opens the directory, you can create folders. (the only thing i dislike: you can't move the folder.. maybe it is a setting in .txt file.. but i create backups from preset folders on my c: drive, with a nice little program...)

ow didn't noticed before, strangely: triad sees my byome presets... strange... overlooked for months...

WasteLand wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:17 pm
resistent wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 pm Due the sale PA is running right now I consider to buy Byome or Triad. I know the difference between those two but wonder how they compare CPU wise? I don't have the newest CPU that's the reason I ask Is Triad more CPU hungry than Byome?

At the moment I'm not able to try the demos to check by myself hence the question.
there is also a bundle of these two.... a temporary bundle (they say..)... you can buy with one voucher...

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... undle.html
You can't, I already tried it.

nirm123 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:21 pm how do you know it, did you try ? you can't buy it with one voucher
you can't? i can't try it anymore, i used one code, placed a code in another thread.

i was browsing through what plugin alliance had to offer, i noticed this. i already have byome and triad, for some time, triad when it came out. byome before it.

EDIT: Kongru did try, doesn't work.. my bad, sorry. couldn't check it.
Last edited by WasteLand on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

When you try to use the code on the bundle the website says something about needing a specific number of products in the cart to use the voucher. I'm guessing the bundle doesn't count as a product.

Kongru wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:33 pm When you try to use the code on the bundle the website says something about needing a specific number of products in the cart to use the voucher. I'm guessing the bundle doesn't count as a product.
yes it states the same with me, with the code i posted in another thread. i don't if it is already used by someone. (seems not the case..)

sorry, always check!

Return to “Effects”