February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Vote on theme for February Contest

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Cheesy or Lofi lounge/elevator music song challenge
29%
Groundhog day theme of repetition
50%
February 10 “National clean out your computer Day”
21%

Total votes: 14

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hellfog wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:56 pmYou voted on person that don't have any music "Spring Goose"
Admittedly I entered last-minute just to have more voting options (or, to save someone else from ending in last place), but coming behind someone with no music at all is a bit harsh :hihi:

wasnt the time limit 3 mins?
2.58 is less than 3 yeah? :cry:

vurt have been disqualified, too long 5 min

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:14 pm wasnt the time limit 3 mins?
2.58 is less than 3 yeah? :cry:
But your track is 5 min

wha? serious?
it bloody shouldnt be!!!

balls! something is amiss.
apologies.

harvon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 pm Most music is about repeating patterns, so how to excellently express a theme of repetition with a medium that is naturally repetitive? I thought if someone would even compose a short fugue of two or three melody snippets that repeat and interact in counterpoint.
Putting something like that together, even a short piece, is a time consuming effort. At least for me it is. Here is a counterpoint thing I made last year.

Plain Vanilla Fugue

25 hours left to vote closes 21:00 Swedish time

mountainmaster wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:27 pm Here is a counterpoint thing I made last year.

Plain Vanilla Fugue
Yes! It carries the classical counterpoint air.

still cant work out what happened?
the wav file is 2.58.
somehow converting to mp3 has increased the length? :o (will have to convett something else later... :oops: ).

hasnt dome it to anything else and i havemt changed any settings so :shrug: is the best ive got.
enjoyed the different interpretations of the theme :)

Vurt: If you render to mp3 directly from DAW same thing?

yeah, i did it all in samplitude.
not to worry, ill just make sure i check the mp3 next month :hihi:

I'm guessing your wav file had a sample rate of 96 kHz. Then a conversion to 48 kHz would slow it down, making it twice as long. And if it went down to 44.1 kHz even a little longer.

mountainmaster wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:49 pm I'm guessing your wav file had a sample rate of 96 kHz. Then a conversion to 48 kHz would slow it down, making it twice as long. And if it went down to 44.1 kHz even a little longer.
i shall have to check this, thanks for the suggestion :)

Hellfog wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:51 pm 25 hours left to vote closes 21:00 Swedish time
Woooops......

:dog: :oops: :dog:

Realized only just now i needed to vote....

Return to “Music Cafe”