Coming soon from VSTplug: Silverhawk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, I'll call it silverhawk. (edits the title) thankyou again KVRaudio community!

Will update this in a few hours if I can manage or tomorrow (the demo).

Thanks again; and of course; all respect to this partner company of Izotope; to be fair, I'd never heard of it.
Peace

kingozrecords wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:38 pm Hmm, an izotope company.. Hadn't heard of it until now.
really? You haven't heard of iZotope?
They've been around for two decades... They make probably the most widely used and well known mastering suite of plugins, the Ozone.

Also, what are the blue blobs on the GUI?

And also, how would a graphic EQ be the last thing i need for vocals?

ok, i'm staying out of this one.
Last edited by sqigls on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

It reminds me of Babya.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

oh. good catch

Could have stuck with the King Arthur theme and called it Merlin! It would market itself (wizard that performs magic on your master/mix/vocals etc.) ;)

Well, why not go for quality; the silverhawk is unsurpassed. And as for exponential audio; yes I'd never heard of it.
If you can make a better product, an effect; make one; till then it's all really conjecture and say what you like it's all well and good frankly.

new silverhawk.png

But that product, the excalibur; does not meet the same level of graphical quality anyone would expect from an Izotope product and most would suspect it as a fake. So, I mean throw some animated images at Me; ok. That's fine, but even if I saw an entry of that in the database I would seriously doubt it had anything to do with Izotope. And as far as IP, excalibur is the name of a mythical sword in the stone from the arthur story, and a movie. hardly IP; but in politeness, yes; I like being polite and having a unique name.

It reminds Me of designs I used to make 5 years ago, when I was new to the technology; not the product frankly of design genius like Izotope has shown themselves as possessing.

here's the new download to the new alpha.
https://vstplug.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... -alpha.zip

And BTW, the blue blobs are to represent a digital glow effect. Eventually they'll look like readouts with changing animated text in the knobs.
Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:02 pm "re-interpreted by a friend of VSTplug‘s, Spogg from flowstoners.com." Flowstone so get ready for the "32 bit only, No Mac version" storm........
it's 32 and 64 bit VST2 now, and also VST3 soon (for windows). But I've been working with other platforms and a mac ready version and aax version should doable within the next 6 months. But it might take all of that time to get there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So, here's a better design rough which could conceivably be used by Exponential audio, should they use to use it. I roughed the knobs (knobman format), I dunno; I was thinking making the white circle a squared off taper like a 3d ridge at the top of a knob. I think that would look both 3d and 2d; kind of a nice blend of earlier and more modern styles.

mockup:

knob:
excalibur knob 100.png
download zip with psd and knobman file:
https://vstplug.com/new-equalizer-named-silverhawk/

I wouldn't just say it doesn't look like an official product without creating a usable mockup afterall. What kind of wizard would I be without flossing My skills lol?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

not to say design is bad, but it isn't great either. frankly i prefer the original.

Yeah much prefer the original GUI too. Funny you say it looks like something you would have designed 5 years ago, it was released in 2015

kingozrecords wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:36 pm
But that product, the excalibur; does not meet the same level of graphical quality anyone would expect from an Izotope product and most would suspect it as a fake.

It reminds Me of designs I used to make 5 years ago, when I was new to the technology; not the product frankly of design genius like Izotope has shown themselves as possessing.
Better to post some examples of how Silverhawk is the last plugin ever needed for mastering vocals, instead of criticizing the graphics of Excalibur. In fact, you can compare Silverhawk to Izotope Nectar 3, since Silverhawk "should" replace Nectar 3 for vocal processing. If you make such definitive statements about your commercial plugin, you need to back it up with tons of examples.

Last edited by sqigls on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by sqigls on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”