Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

It's in beta.

nichttuntun wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:49 amwouldn't the mini MOOG be able to FM and Filter modulate, it would be (regarded now) a good sounding, but relatively boring synth nevertheless.
Minimoog can already do filter FM, dawg.

I'm sure I get a slap for this comment again (don't really care though ;)), but... actually, the Oberheim not having the fastest envelopes on the planet could play in this synth's favor. The Synapse synth never really struck me as being overly good in terms of snappy and fast envelopes, and the respective filter resonance response (the new Dune 3 filters are better in that regard though), so, it might be quite a good emulation, if Synapse gets it right.

It's one of the most interesting synths for me at the moment, I'm very eager to try it out. Hopefully, it'll be priced similarly to Legend, then it'll be a winner, I'm quite sure.

If I remember correctly, the OB-Xa didn't have cross modulation between the oscillators like OB-X, but it would be cool if they could add that anyway.

What is the original OB-X(a) known for? Could someone post any examples?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:28 pm
nichttuntun wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:49 amwouldn't the mini MOOG be able to FM and Filter modulate, it would be (regarded now) a good sounding, but relatively boring synth nevertheless.
Minimoog can already do filter FM, dawg.
Hi. Yes I know. I meant that with filter modulation. Sorry.

recursive one wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:11 pm What is the original OB-X(a) known for? Could someone post any examples?
I think the OB-X was used on the Moving Pictures album by Rush, and on Signals I believe Geddy used the OB-Xa.

Here's a video of someone playing the OB-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXoIgVnNRag

recursive one wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:11 pm What is the original OB-X(a) known for? Could someone post any examples?
This thread has a few:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... songs.html
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:44 pm This thread has a few:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... songs.html
rsp
Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:37 pm
I think the OB-X was used on the Moving Pictures album by Rush, and on Signals I believe Geddy used the OB-Xa.

Here's a video of someone playing the OB-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXoIgVnNRag
Thanks!

Rush and the stuff from that thread is as remote from my music tastes as it gets, but this video shows some nice character.

Still not sure I actually need it as I have Diva and Dune3 which seem to cover these grounds more or less :?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

As long as he adds MPE and microtuning....... :D

MPE is in, microtuning not.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:55 pm MPE is in, microtuning not.
Nice. I expected MPE since The Legend has it too.
I hope it gets 8 voices at least of course.
Microtuning was more a hopeless wish since i guess no Synapse Audio synth will get this. Not the worlds end.
I would hope for some different FX. While i like The Legend i find the FX (which are also sound very good in general) do not glue really well with the synths character (a reason why i prefer the Moog app as Minimoog emulation much more since the bender and delay there works much better with the Minimoog sound for me.
Of course just my flavor.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:57 pm We probably need a new thread for the Oberheim :)
indeed, when it's released :tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:55 pm MPE is in, microtuning not.
Are you allowed to say if cross-mod and sem style multi-mode filter made it in? Those are the two things I'm hoping for as I already have that with OP-X-Pro.

Return to “Instruments”