Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:24 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:55 pm MPE is in, microtuning not.
Are you allowed to say if cross-mod and sem style multi-mode filter made it in? Those are the two things I'm hoping for as I already have that with OP-X-Pro.
things are constantly changing, so best not to say anything :wink:

AnX wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:26 pm
Are you allowed to say if cross-mod and sem style multi-mode filter made it in? Those are the two things I'm hoping for as I already have that with OP-X-Pro.
things are constantly changing, so best not to say anything :wink:
I'd be surprised if such major features are changing during the beta stage! Cross-mod and filter types? That's alpha at the latest no? But still, I understand playing it close the chest before release. We know a surprising amount already.

Mini V3 is better than it gets credit for but Legend is the Mini Champ without question. The Oberheim OB-X champ is Sonic Projects OP-X ProII and that Brainworx bx_Oberhausen SEM emulation is amazing, on the same level as Legend.
Vortifex wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:59 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:38 pmIf new features are to be added, I prefer if they are clearly labeled as such. That's why I love synths like the Arturia Jup-8 and Mini, for example. They might not sound as authentic as some of the more recent emulations, but the GUI is great. You get an almost perfect, uncluttered replica of the original panel, and then a "hidden" panel with stuff like effects, Mod Matrix/"Galaxy", Step Sequencer etc. Best of both worlds, in terms of GUI. For those of us who want the real deal but can't afford it (and/or don't want to deal with the maintenance), this stuff does matter.
That's why I prefer Arturia's Mini V3 over The Legend. Lots of extra polyphony and some nice modulation options under the hood if you want them.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Made a new thread for the OB-Xa talk. Will see if a mod can move the last few pages over to that.

Link please :)

OB-Xa didn't have SEM-style filter, just a 2/4-pole lowpass, so Synapse did the same, except added bandpass mode.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nichttuntun wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:59 pm Link please :)
Yes, it's really, really difficult to find... :roll:

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:16 pm
blah blah
are you meant to be giving out such info?

There was no NDA to speak of... That said yeah, I should probably not spill ALL the beans, leave some hype in! :)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:37 pm There was no NDA to speak of... That said yeah, I should probably not spill ALL the beans, leave some hype in! :)
its a private beta, kinda speaks for itself, as well as being respectful to the dev

I have a question - since v1.3 Legend have 8 voices poly, but my old projects have patches that used earler version's 4 voice unison, if i install update, will my patches sound different, with 8 voices instead of 4 ?
Last edited by SoulState on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoulState wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:49 pm I have a question - since v1.3 Legeng have 8 voices poly, but my old projects have patches that used earler version's 4 voice unison, if i install update, will my patches sound different, with 8 voices instead of 4 ?
No. The unison mode has not changed. It is still 4 voices. Furthermore, 8-voice polyphony is a new mode that has to be selected, so old patches designed for 4-voice polyphony also will behave the same way.

AnX wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:41 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:37 pm There was no NDA to speak of... That said yeah, I should probably not spill ALL the beans, leave some hype in! :)
its a private beta, kinda speaks for itself, as well as being respectful to the dev
for sure!
even for a freeware synth, i wouldnt reveal details, with or without an nda.
its up to the dev to do that.
i tend not to even mention im doing the test. stops people pming for info. not that anyone ever has, but you know me, i worry. its my thing :o

Just stumbled upon this statement for another synth:

"New "Thump" button in the envelopes. Gives a 4ms hold time for the VCA envelope like the Minimoog with its clipped envelopes."

What is a clipped envelope?

Return to “Instruments”