2 Tech-house songs. Your opinion please.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In terms of mixing, Tech House should be more bass and drum centered.
In your track TechHouse1 the lead seems to be the focus. So I would enhance the bass and kick more.

The second one had some interesting rhythmic elements.
@1:20, it gets a bit messy with too many elements. When the lead arp comes in at 1:20, you need to back away another element to make space for it.

Bansaw wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:55 pm In terms of mixing, Tech House should be more bass and drum centered.
In your track TechHouse1 the lead seems to be the focus. So I would enhance the bass and kick more.

The second one had some interesting rhythmic elements.
@1:20, it gets a bit messy with too many elements. When the lead arp comes in at 1:20, you need to back away another element to make space for it.
That's great. Thanks!

I liked the beat on both of them but melodic elements are all over the place,they don't fit and I think you should learn basic music theory how scales and chords work.Every daw has helpers so you stay in key,Ableton has a scale device FL has helpers for this also and bitwig and of course Renoise my favorite daw.Learn your daw and watch tutorials on YouTube and you will make wonders very soon.

Interesting with quite good potential but as the others wrote you need to get it sorted.

You need to do something about the tuning ... its not right. Also, I wouldn't call this tech-house ... the leads are too loud, drums are buried.

Thanks people :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm You need to do something about the tuning ... its not right. Also, I wouldn't call this tech-house ... the leads are too loud, drums are buried.
Which tech-house do you mean? I mean the original tech-house which begun late 1990s. I don't mean the new tech-house (EDM). Or is it the same tech-house but I'm misunderstanding?

I take the point that the lead is too upfront, and the bass/beats too far back. But I don't understand about the tuning.

I checked with Mixed In Key, and the first song is indeed Cm (C minor) as per stated.

But the second song Mixed In Key says is Em (E minor). I don't know what happened because the acid sample was labelled Bm (B minor) and then I made accompaniment Bm.

The second song, it sounds alright from 2.20 onward to my ears.

Am I supposed to tune the synth? I thought it was supposed to already be in tune.

Would I be correct in assuming you don't play an instrument?

I can jam in a scale on a keyboard.

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:44 pm I checked with Mixed In Key, and the first song is indeed Cm (C minor) as per stated.

But the second song Mixed In Key says is Em (E minor). I don't know what happened because the acid sample was labelled Bm (B minor) and then I made accompaniment Bm.
Sorry I got that back to front, to further confuse the issue!

Return to “Music Cafe”