vurt - 2 bits... (modular excursions to far off places...)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the fires of elberon

the usual hit record and play :D
the second one is "almost" a song type thing :o

I was expecting the first one to be longer when you said hit record and play. Guess I'm spoiled. Like the vocoder like sounds that I heard. I know it's not a vocoder because it doesn't have that distinct phonem, but it's close. Anyway, cool noises on this one. Lot going on in it.

2nd one I expected to be shorter (almost a song) but was longer. Sure you didn't switch the links around? Anyway, this one had a bit of a creepy vibe to it. I detect lots of reverb on this one or possibly delay. Sounds like it was recorded in an underwater cave. Very cool.

Your way of posting doesn't work for my android phone just fyi.

empphryio wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 pm Your way of posting doesn't work for my android phone just fyi.
hold finger on link
choose open in new tab.
press play in new tab.
:)

Fires Of Elberon - Awesome. I'd like to be able to do something like that with VCV Rack. (Alternately, I'd like to have the $$ to buy a neat rack of modular synth components.)

20200312 - Kinda songly, yeh. Makes me wonder what lyrics might work with it...

Cool work, vurtman. Thanks for the buzz !

dp

Better than many sci fi movie soundtracks.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 pm I was expecting the first one to be longer when you said hit record and play. Guess I'm spoiled. Like the vocoder like sounds that I heard. I know it's not a vocoder because it doesn't have that distinct phonem, but it's close. Anyway, cool noises on this one. Lot going on in it.

2nd one I expected to be shorter (almost a song) but was longer. Sure you didn't switch the links around? Anyway, this one had a bit of a creepy vibe to it. I detect lots of reverb on this one or possibly delay. Sounds like it was recorded in an underwater cave. Very cool.
you should know by know, what i say, doesn't always make sense in your reality :hihi:
when i said "almost a song" i meant there were distinct parts, i could cut up and make verse/chorus... with, unlike the usual just long meandering stuff.
don't worry, im not muscling in on the song business ;)

second one does have plenty of spring reverb (actual spring) on the "beats" bit :)

thanks for listening :)

StudioDave wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:48 am Fires Of Elberon - Awesome. I'd like to be able to do something like that with VCV Rack. (Alternately, I'd like to have the $$ to buy a neat rack of modular synth components.)

20200312 - Kinda songly, yeh. Makes me wonder what lyrics might work with it...

Cool work, vurtman. Thanks for the buzz !

dp
glad you enjoyed :)

fires of elberon, the main sound source is plaits, from mutable instruments :)
pretty sure that's one of the ones they ported to vcv?

empphryio wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:46 pm Better than many sci fi movie soundtracks.
wow thanks :)
glad you managed to get the links working too.
thanks for listening 8)

Love it!

Works really well for me.

Lovely depth to the developing soundscape...I always listen to your stuff on my big system at serious volume to do it justice!

Also freaks out the noisy, fuckin' twin toddlers next door and gives me a bit of Yin / Yang in return for their daily screams!

They give me pointless bawling...I give them cultured, experimental synthesis!

If my neighbours are on here by some fluke...discover chloroform people, chloroform!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

I like the sweepy nature of the first one, but prefer the second one - has a bit of a Morton Subotnik feel about it.

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 pm ...
fires of elberon, the main sound source is plaits, from mutable instruments :)
pretty sure that's one of the ones they ported to vcv?
Indeed it is. And recently Xenakios made a polyphonic version with a couple more controls exposed. Sweet. I'm still exploring Braids but after your piece I need to look further into Plaits as well. Truth is, I feel like I'll be exploring all the MI ports for quite some time.

Best regards,

dp

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 pm
empphryio wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 pm Your way of posting doesn't work for my android phone just fyi.
hold finger on link
choose open in new tab.
press play in new tab.
:)
I've noticed the same thing since the beginning of Feb. on Windows10/Chrome. Not a big deal. I think they made some security changes in Chrome earlier this year.

Awesome mate! I turned the sound off on my TV and played Fires while watching Who--perfect!

I preferred the second one. I could picture Arnie in the jungle saying "If it bleeds, we can kill it". SciFi/suspense vibes a-plenty.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”