Alternatives to Geist 2 in 2020?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rty
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

I stumbled on this thread trying to decide on a soft drum machine. I have been leaning towards UVI Drum Designer but there being no sample importing and no demo hurts its chances for me.

I want something to help make my life of live performance for light rock and pop type sounds.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

codec_spurt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:43 pm Next time I just won't bother.
Okay. :D
Last edited by Robmobius on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

mtelesha wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:58 pm I stumbled on this thread trying to decide on a soft drum machine. I have been leaning towards UVI Drum Designer but there being no sample importing and no demo hurts its chances for me.

I want something to help make my life of live performance for light rock and pop type sounds.
UVI does look and sound pretty good... No sample import is a deal breaker for me too. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:48 pm
revvy wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:54 am How can you describe a resizable interface as small and fiddly?
Drawing in the automation is a pain compared to Nerve which is a breeze.
Ah OK, certain aspects can always be unproved for sure. Once G2 came out it got rid of most of what I found uncomfortable in OG.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:55 am
Ah OK, certain aspects can always be unproved for sure. Once G2 came out it got rid of most of what I found uncomfortable in OG.
I'd love to see a de cluttered interface with a better mouse click response... As well as making it easier to draw in sweeping automation. But in all fairness Geist is a powerhouse.

Robmobius wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:12 am
revvy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:55 am
I'd love to see a de cluttered interface with a better mouse click response... As well as making it easier to draw in sweeping automation. But in all fairness Geist is a powerhouse.
Yup (and unproved was a typ, meant to say improved of course).
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

sacer wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:37 pm Arturia Spark
Heads-up that the iPad version of Spark is free until April 30th. :tu:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arturia-i ... 1045383182

I prefer Nerve to Geist
if that's any help
super fast
and still under development

stay safe
Dave

codec_spurt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:43 pm Couple of points... :D

I'm not trying to attack FXpansion - so I not too sure what the epic post was all about. :D

Sucks to be autistic. :D

Next time I just won't bother. :D

Sometimes, some people just give their opinion. :D
You're one happy fella aren't ya?

Interesting thread. Kind of curious myself in finding something like this. Testing Nerve. Also I don't think anyone mentioned Izotope Breaktweaker?!
Bitwig

Might worth checking MPC Beats which is freewere . It’s based on MPC software with some limitations .
The workflow is strange and definitely needs time to adopt it.
Wish they could port Geist in iOS ,or make a standalone hardware unit

I love OG Geist, but 2 is an interface mess for me.

I'd recommend a used MPC Studio or Touch. Can be found fairly cheap and give a good hands on control +nice pads. I've never had any trouble registering used gear on the Akai site to receive the software.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:35 pm Punch 2 might be worth a shot but Geist 2 is pretty unique.

Regarding FXPansion, I’m pretty sure Geist 2 was updated in the last 4 months or so.
Yea, they are not going anywhere.
Geist 2 is one of a kind.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I have Geist 2 and Nerve since years and for me the big differences are, Nerve works without problems and Geist 2 crashed again and again. The support from Xfer was and is good, the support from FXpansions was :dog: Xfer doesn't allow license transfer, FXpansion wants a 50€ license transfer fee, which is finally nearly the same. And such license transfer fees piss me more of, than no license transfer, especially if they are so expensive, that selling is not worth it.

Return to “Instruments”