[FIXED in 7.2] How do crossfade curves work in multitrack editor? Is this a bug?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I experimented a little with crossfade curves between clips in multitrack editor. I'm a little confused, because it looks like they're not working as expected, I think I'm missing something. I cannot hear differences, and when I export audio files, they look identical.

Here is an example. It shows a stereo crossfade between a L-only pure sine and a R-only equivalent; the resulting output curves look always sinusoidal, even if I select linear or different curves.

https://gfycat.com/electricforsakenblacklemur

The same occurs when crossfading mono audio, it's just more difficult to "see". You will always observe a tiny "drop" in the amplitude in middle of the crossfade, no matter the curve you pick. Should be none when linear, or a bump where logarithmic, but still it's always a drop...
Last edited by lorenzo-s on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for the elaborate report. We weren't aware of this issue, but after testing, I can confirm that this is a bug in the current 7.1.16 and apologize for the inconvenience. We have already fixed it in the internal code base and it will be part of the upcoming version 7.2 expected late February.

Best,
Stian

It's now working great in 7.2; also, thanks for the new constant power options!

lorenzo-s wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:24 pm It's now working great in 7.2; also, thanks for the new constant power options!
Awesome, thanks for confirming! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”