vurt - lost in time (quarantine mix)[generative post electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lost in time.

was going to be my café comp entry, but "the length" means ill probably redo that :hihi:

That was bleak, but in a good way! :) :tu:

kryptonaut wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:54 am That was bleak, but in a good way! :) :tu:
these are pretty bleak times :o

thanks for listening 8)
stay safe!

Tough listening on headphones with all the panning but damn, some really great sounds on this one. Probably better to listen through monitors.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:27 pm Tough listening on headphones with all the panning but damn, some really great sounds on this one. Probably better to listen through monitors.
yeah maybe a bit much in cans :oops:
but i did want it to be a little unsettlimg for that "lost in time" feeling :) should do quick checks on phones, but you know me, post and be damned!!!! :lol:

thanks for listening.
and may the force be with you in these interesting times! :hug:

Downloaded for later listening :)

Modular manipulations, fancy fretwork, or a combination of each?

Although there were moments when I was sure that a guitar may have been involved, after a couple of listens, I'm going for the modular.

Feedback or not, this was creepy as £^"% especially with that pulsing rhythm in the background.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:58 am Modular manipulations, fancy fretwork, or a combination of each?

Although there were moments when I was sure that a guitar may have been involved, after a couple of listens, I'm going for the modular.

Feedback or not, this was creepy as £^"% especially with that pulsing rhythm in the background.

Good work :)
all modular. but i know what you mean about the possible guitar, as i was recording it, was tempted to try and add some guitar, but would have never sounded as good as the modular did at geetar :lol:

thanks for listening 8)

Almost sounds like a Glen Branca feedback experiment. It kind of morphs away from the start section to something a little different, but in quite a subtle way - gets a bit more melodic.

I get the “bleak” comment, and made me think for a moment about air raid sirens.

Didn’t take the volume up too loud, but will probably pipe it through my studio speakers later to get the full experience. :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:34 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:27 pm Tough listening on headphones with all the panning but damn, some really great sounds on this one. Probably better to listen through monitors.
but i did want it to be a little unsettlimg for that "lost in time" feeling :) should do quick checks on phones, but you know me, post and be damned!!!! :lol:

thanks for listening.
I'm gonna have to re-listen to this the next time I'm out and about! Its got a nice post-apocalyptic cinematic feel to it. I'll be that strange guy making a frame with my fingers while listening to the track.

Yeah, just a bit over the limit for the cafe. Sounds like you added the sound of commuting on the red line/1 train here towards the end.

Nice work.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:46 pm Almost sounds like a Glen Branca feedback experiment. It kind of morphs away from the start section to something a little different, but in quite a subtle way - gets a bit more melodic.

I get the “bleak” comment, and made me think for a moment about air raid sirens.

Didn’t take the volume up too loud, but will probably pipe it through my studio speakers later to get the full experience. :tu:
:o "melodic" thats just a scurrilous rumour!
i think there may be a lot of bleak stuff over the coming months, i can even see wags succumbing to doom metal or something. :hihi:

thanks for listening :)

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:40 am
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:34 pm

thanks for listening.
I'm gonna have to re-listen to this the next time I'm out and about! Its got a nice post-apocalyptic cinematic feel to it. I'll be that strange guy making a frame with my fingers while listening to the track.
wonder whats inspired that... :hihi:

no redline, all oscillators and filters :)
and of course fx :D

thanks for listening :)

Return to “Music Cafe”