NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:02 pm Ever since Matt's intervention I kept saying here "lets wait and see what they can do",
You were great. Well done. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

20200320_200933.jpg
ill assume this requires a dong le.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm really stoked all this got sorted and settled . I bought an NI Komplete Audio Interface 6 last year and got a great deal on Komplete12 , think I got it for $250 or less ... I have a couple of $25 coupons to use still and now I feel ok using them . So , kudos to KVR forum contributers and NI for making it right an not pulling an crap move on your older and newer customers like some other companies do.

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 pm 20200320_200933.jpg

iLok here.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 pm

iLok here.
psst... take another look at the screen grab and the strange space in the word "dongle"...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm

iLok here.
psst... take another look at the screen grab and the strange space in the word "dongle"...
That's why iLok it.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm

iLok here.
Naughty boys! :uhuhuh: or should I say "per vert" boys :hihi:

te1973 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 pm For me it's not about something written in the EULA or not, it's about fair behaviour and customer relationship.

As long as legal customers go through all the pain of activations, activations used-up etc., opening tickets for regaining activations after hardware changes etc. and then as a special
bonus can't activate their software at all anymore I will at all cost avoid that in the future.

I want to be the master of my hardware and software. And by the way I BOUGHT that software at a full price,
did not rent it. Did companies ever think about what signal they send to their customers? Will these customers better
get their software from 'other sources' then?

Hey NI, it was not us legal customers who asked for that activation thing. But if we are set back like this I see no point
in purchasing any software anymore that has to be activated.
This is a deep problem with the whole computer industry. European Union efforts to address these ongoing anti-customer practices (pushed as norms and supported by most indoctrinated tech geeks) have been partial, but the USA hasn’t done shit other than help to entrench the EULA as a legal document that is customer-screwing while being corporation-indemnifying. For example: Zero warranty (in an industry that more often than not will deliver broken and unfinished products that are never fixed).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Ok I just saw that two of my old sample libs which costs about 300$ each are worthless in the future? WTF?

That exactly the reason why I avoid all this online activation crap when ever I can. That is the reason I give my money almost exclusive to products with key files since some time.

edit: ok, I saw some pages back that there i still hope. Let's hope that they find a solution. But the loss of trust is done NI and you're pushing customers away with stuff like this.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hey midi transmission
we've been informed that all products that were going to be discontinued will now use a new offline activation method

NI have changed their intention here because of us user's dissatisfaction

Thanks for clarifing nix808. That's a good move from NI.

AKJ wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:18 pm
Matt_NI wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:14 pm Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update on this.

I have received a note about the progress and it looks like we are now focusing on a new offline activation tool which would allow our support to activate all the products listed. I don't have a full overview on how this would work yet but it looks very promising. I'm hoping to have something official about this in our announcement article next week.
This is very much appreciated
perhaps you should update the thread title to reflect the change, it seems people are still reacting to it not knowing. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:02 pm
AKJ wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:18 pm
Matt_NI wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:14 pm Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update on this.

I have received a note about the progress and it looks like we are now focusing on a new offline activation tool which would allow our support to activate all the products listed. I don't have a full overview on how this would work yet but it looks very promising. I'm hoping to have something official about this in our announcement article next week.
This is very much appreciated
perhaps you should update the thread title to reflect the change, it seems people are still reacting to it not knowing. :)
good idea

Hi

'Off line activation' - as far as I can tell, all this means is that you ultimately use another 'on line' computer to activate the program/app - or am I wrong?

as I understand it-
you can move the activation request to a computer with internet,
if your system is not on the web

It is still required to authorise with a return file,
the installation will require challenge/response from NI
There will be no pure serial/keyfile-
activate on web like always with NI for these old plugins

Return to “Instruments”