My Questions about making music

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Advice for Mozex: after mixing for 6 hours, shut down the PC and go to bed. Don't engage in emotional discussions at KvrAudio for at least half a day.

I also do live sound engineering. So the band plays and I'm at the mixer. Started doing that 20 years ago. After 2 years I thought I did a good job. Noted down which effects patches to use in which songs, noted down eq settings, etc. Setting the desk with notes took a long time.

After years & years building experience, I just let the guys play whatever, and do my best mixing. Take whatever comes at me, listen carefully and fix what needs fixing. No need for 50 minutes sound checks any more.

It took years. You will get better if you keep practicing.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 pm Advice for Mozex: after mixing for 6 hours, shut down the PC and go to bed. Don't engage in emotional discussions at KvrAudio for at least half a day.

I also do live sound engineering. So the band plays and I'm at the mixer. Started doing that 20 years ago. After 2 years I thought I did a good job. Noted down which effects patches to use in which songs, noted down eq settings, etc. Setting the desk with notes took a long time.

After years & years building experience, I just let the guys play whatever, and do my best mixing. Take whatever comes at me, listen carefully and fix what needs fixing. No need for 50 minutes sound checks any more.

It took years. You will get better if you keep practicing.
Yes I know.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

TheMaestro wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:14 pm
Mozex wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:51 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Mozex wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:03 am
TheMaestro wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 am Take a muddy song and try cutting between 100-200 with a low shelf eq one by one track and check if it clears up.
No thank you, I am just gonna make new songs and put the knowledge I have on those. Not really in the mood to redo it all on past tracks. I would need to redo everything, the arrangement, the mixing, the effects like reverb, EQ, mastering. No thank you, its not worth it. Better to just create a new song with the knowledge I have, which I am doing now and go on from there.
No you don’t need do redo anything. Slap an eq on the tracks and cut. You might learn something...
I have too because I did not do the sound levels right, I did not have a good arrangement... All the things I now do I never did so previous songs are probably a mess..

And about the reverb thing... Did you listen to the mix? Because man I have been busy for 5-6 hours getting the levels right and if it really is not necessary to move the filter for this particular song then I rather not do it... Please be understanding, I have 5-6 hours of mixing behind me only now to hear the filter needs to be BEFORE the reverb. That means probably changing all levels again... So please listen to the video above and see if it really is needed...
You almost don’t how to even start your DAW, and now talk about mixing again for 5-6 hours because of a tip to try eq before the reverb?

I’m out.
I am done with question asking. I do not care anymore. I know how to start my daw. I don't like to be treated this way. I am figuring everything still out and then you come with such comment.

:roll:

Yes whatever.

I want to thank everyone who helped me, you all have been a very big help and its a shame I will not be able to have all of your knowledge anymore but I am tired of all the humiliation going on on here. Now I do not even know how to start my daw it seems just because I ask a lot of questions. First I was foolish for not asking questions.
You all do not seem to understand that I just started with this and need to figure it all out.
I am done with this website. I do not care anymore. Then my music just sounds as shit, I do not care anymore. I am done with the humiliation.
I hope you all are happy now.

Bye.

People were actually quite nice and helpful towards you, this is not Facebook where you have all your friends, this is public forum and you have few threads revolving around you, than you found bunch of strangers that cared so much to help you out sacrificing their time to do so, go outside, see how many will care even if you pass out, what you expect out of this board is unrealistic, scratch that, what you expect from people.

So goodbye!

Mozex wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:11 pm You all do not seem to understand
When you finally stop feeling sorry for yourself I think you'll find its you who did not understand. Bye.

:tu:

Mozex wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:11 pm Yes whatever.

I want to thank everyone who helped me, you all have been a very big help and its a shame I will not be able to have all of your knowledge anymore but I am tired of all the humiliation going on on here. Now I do not even know how to start my daw it seems just because I ask a lot of questions. First I was foolish for not asking questions.
You all do not seem to understand that I just started with this and need to figure it all out.
I am done with this website. I do not care anymore. Then my music just sounds as shit, I do not care anymore. I am done with the humiliation.
I hope you all are happy now.

Bye.
First, no one has humiliated you.
Second, we’ve been trying to help you, but you dismiss advice and tips, and doesn’t seem to want to learn.
Then you say you’ve been mixing(!) for 6 hours(!), and wont try advice given to you.
Suit yourself.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm First, no one has humiliated you.
Oh really? What's this then?
You almost don’t how to even start your DAW
Who wrote this then? It was written by someone that can't even write coherent English!
You say this is not disrespectful, belitteling, humiliating?
TheMaestro wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm you dismiss advice and tips, and doesn’t seem to want to learn.
False again. Read the threads again, he's really trying very hard (perhaps even a bit too hard)
TheMaestro wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm Then you say you’ve been mixing(!) for 6 hours(!), and wont try advice given to you.
Be realistic, you cannot take in all the advice of 100 people at the same time. It will drive you nuts in conflicting and confusing information.

But never mind that, you were out. Right?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:37 am
Who wrote this then? It was written by someone that can't even write coherent English!
TheMaestro wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm you dismiss advice and tips, and doesn’t seem to want to learn.
False again. Read the threads again, he's really trying very hard (perhaps even a bit too hard)
TheMaestro wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm Then you say you’ve been mixing(!) for 6 hours(!), and wont try advice given to you.
Be realistic, you cannot take in all the advice of 100 people at the same time. It will drive you nuts in conflicting and confusing information.

I’ve sadly read everything in this thread, and I still stand behind what I wrote.
You write about something being false, and you manage to write this reply. Good job.
And are you sure he didn’t get tips from 100000 people, and at the same time?
And yes, I’m out of helping him. Was that a bit difficult to understand? I can explain it in detail for you. Just ask.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

I did say thank you to all that helped me
I did listen and try to do what you all told me
I do not need you maestro, go tickle on your violina

Its a shame that many did not read my post with positive eyes, because I thanked everyone who helped me.
When I try to make clear what is wrong so you all would understand people say I need to understand
What do I exactly need to understand?
I thanked you all for the help. I listened to every single advice that was given. So what the f do I not understand?
First I am bad boy because I do not ask questions. Then I ask questions, I ask to much.
You all want to help me but not really every day, I guess thats the point you are making
I ask to much of you people.
Well thats good, but when I said I would figure it out on my own, because I did not want to burden you all that was also not good.
Got a lot of backfire on that comment. It was very bad of me to say that.
So I thought, I will ask questions then, not good again.
So yeah in my views you all are the ones who need to understand, and one day you will and you will feel very bad.

I made two more songs but the mastering and mixing are tiresome. I am still at the beginning of this mixing and mastering stuff so yes IT TAKES A LONG TIME. But I do know how to open my DAW.
Its easy, its just pressing the button. Bit weird to compare it too mixing and mastering, maybe you use the presets in the software. Yes then its the same I guess
I do not use the presets.

I made two more songs as I said, one I heared thru speakers and the other only thru headphones. Both probably still need a lot of work but since nobody is gonna help me I guess that will not happen.

Will share the tracks here for people that still are interested, if such people exist

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/the-journey-begins2

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/at-the-sta ... beautiful2
Last edited by Heavenly Sounds on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BertKoor wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:37 am

Thank you Bertkoor, this was a really nice thing of you to do. I will remember that.

What is actually funny is that you all are not as creative as me it seems because I got so many topics revolving about me. Yeah I try to make a song each day, I am that creative yes. So I am sorry that its a bit too much for you all to take in.

Return to “Production Techniques”